Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What Are They Riding Now 2011
Quote | Reply
So we have the Raelerts on BMC bikes, Dirk Bockel on a Blue Triad, Jan Frodeno on a Specialized, Sebastian Kienle on Scott Plasma 3 and lots of other interesting changes for 2011.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...riding_now__408.html

H
Quote Reply
Re: What Are They Riding Now 2011 [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow...2 people on Cervelo's for this year. Or did I miss some?
Quote Reply
Re: What Are They Riding Now 2011 [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of Team TBB is on Cervelo. They (Cervelo) seem to have taken the approach of aligning with an entity rather than individuals.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: What Are They Riding Now 2011 [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When people are on the same bike that doesn't really get covered in this feature, but eventually this will get updated. The idea was to focus on the changes, but it now somehow penalizes those who have stuck with the brand and or same bike for a while IE Craig Alexander on his Orbea Ordu and Matty Reed on his Fuji D6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wonder how the BMC relationship will affect the US with the Raelerts...great guys. They should help for sure.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What Are They Riding Now 2011 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am mostly interested to see the BMC frames they'll be riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This... amazing bikes, and a great article in the last velonews.

Must say that BMC Impec does absolutely nothing for me. It looks like an 80s lugged carbon bike to me, a bit clumsy really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The BMC does own the present bike record in Kona right? Looked pretty good under Thurig...

They'll have something that will be really fast, mostly because of the engines, and the world will either:

a - be wowwed and wonder what the heck they were riding - or -

b - BMC might get some play in the upper end market.

It'll be a fun year either way. I love new bikes!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What Are They Riding Now 2011 [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't mind their TT bike and yes Karien Thuerig had an awesome ride on it, I am mostly not fond of that overplayed not so pretty Impec road bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, who needs a road bike...haha.

But I hear you. And we probably won't see much of the boys on that bike anyways right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at a loss for the right description. "Clumsy" is perfect, Herbert. In an age where the industry is doing so much with integrated design elements and overall systems engineering, the BMC Impec comes across as a kluged design even if it is well-designed for what it is. Lugged design was part and parcel of the old steel frame world. Bringing that forward to 2011, where the freedom of cf design lets designers play with optimum layups and materials is just silly. Why optimize a lug that is only part of a system of lug, adhesive, and tube when you can simply design a complete mono part which brings more to the plate in overall system design? I'm failing to understand how that lug idiom produces a better product than a Cervelo S3, for instance.
Quote Reply