Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's with the low riding race belt?
Quote | Reply
I was spectating at IMTX this weekend. I noticed several AG's wearing there race belt below their butt. Why? Does this serve any purpose at all, or is it like sagging pants?
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the low riding race belt? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saggy buns need a face lift? Maybe it should be *soggy buns* eh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to do that otherwise mine used to ride up to my waist. Now I use a shoe lace. No more problems. Lol
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the low riding race belt? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ does that work?! Everytime I use a race belt it ends up above my belly button and its annoying as all hell. So I too - am guilty of the below the arse placement - which still ends up riding up somehow...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I put it above my large ass it rides up to my nipples.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why I use an old helmet strap with buckle -- it doesn't ride up like anything elastic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the low riding race belt? [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because some pros do it, so they copy cat.. i don't understand it really. If anyting, i am always pulling it up above my butt so it doesn't impede my hip stride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of those finer details that some people probably don't realize until it's too late (checking to make sure it fits before the race). By the time it starts, you obviously don't usually mess/deal with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it doesn't move when it is down that low. But now that I have a one piece I usually don't care since I am not worried about it rubbing my skin like when I wore a two piece suit.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the low riding race belt? [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does for me. I’ve taken an old race belt buckle, tied it on and adjusted to my waist. I pin the number to the shoe lace. It’s light enough I don’t notice it, and it doesn’t ride up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
I was spectating at IMTX this weekend. I noticed several AG's wearing there race belt below their butt. Why? Does this serve any purpose at all, or is it like sagging pants?

Pro fashion. See some old photos of Michael Raelert during the run. Yes, it's stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with the low riding race belt? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:

Pro fashion. See some old photos of Michael Raelert during the run. Yes, it's stupid.

Of all the stupid things triathletes do I don't count wearing the number belt where it's most comfortable for the individual person as one of them.

Like others in this thread I wear mine low to keep it from sliding up and don't notice it at all when it's low. If I have it on the hips or higher it keeps moving up and I have to push it down constantly. I have tried making it loose and tighter but the thing that works for me is having it low.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to keep mine at my waist, but mine is all decked out with shiny rubies and metal studs so the weight makes it sag sometimes. Style = speed, so I gots to have my rubies!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always keep it low as my stomach is quite sensitive to pressure after a long day and I don’t want to risk anything.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because triathletes got SWAG, bro.
Quote Reply