Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's that ping?
Quote | Reply
Picked up a new bike this past March, Guru TriTi / Ultegra Drive, FSA Carbon Cranks, Mavic Kyserium Elites, Profile Carbon-X bars, Ouzo Aero Pro - Fork. Riden it for about 3000 miles so far.

Recently when I'm riding, especially when I'm out of the saddle climbing I hear this pinging sound. I can't identify where it's coming from. It maybe comes from rear wheel spokes, but it sure does sound like the frame "flexing" from underpresure, or some something banging against the frame. I can't pin point it, maybe it's coming from the bottom bracket area, I'm just not sure.

Anyone experience anything of the sorts from the Mavic Kyseriums Elites? I did notice that they could use a little bit of a "truing".

Anythoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: What's that ping? [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your cranks and bottom bracket. Could be a little loose. I've heard the same sound (almost like a metallic popping sound) with my FSA cranks. Tightened 'em up and the sound went away.
Quote Reply
Re: What's that ping? [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely your spokes. It sounds like they need re-tensioning. Your mech can true the wheel at the same time. Don't ride the rear wheel until you have it done.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: What's that ping? [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may be a chain link or or spoke ,Try to diagnose if its, pedaling (Hard), coasting, turns . Try struming the spokes looking for a loose one.
Quote Reply
Re: What's that ping? [Helitech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
make sure the quick releases are greased.
Quote Reply