Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weight Scale Data Syncing to Garmin Connect via MyFitnessPal
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Withings WS-50 smart scales and for a while I had managed to sync that data from Withings Health Mate (the Withings online platform that the scale data gets uploaded to) to Garmin Connect via MyFitnessPal. You couldn't sync data directly from Withings to Garmin Connect for whatever reason, but using MyFitnessPal as an intermediary was possible because Garmin Connect had already established a link with those guys for pulling in their "Calories In/Out" data.

However, now it seems as though the MyFitnesspal -> Garmin Connect link is broken (at least on my account) because it no longer syncs my weight data and no longer pulls any calorie data. I've tried a whole number of different options to try to get my two accounts syncing again, including creating a new MFP account but to no avail. My weight scale data is still being pushed from Withings to MFP (and TrainingPeaks for that matter) my Garmin Connect activity data is still being pushed from Garmin Connect to MFP, but it seems as though the reverse-link of weight and calorie data being pushed from MFP to GC is broken.

Is anyone else having this issue and/or know of any way that I can resolve it? Or have Garmin just borked it all up? I know there are other third-party options such as smartscalesync and fitnesssyncer but I don't want to get involved with yet another third-party link that could end up broken.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Scale Data Syncing to Garmin Connect via MyFitnessPal [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's still working (my v1 Fitbit Aria is hooked up like that and I'm seeing data from Sunday). I had it in storage for a while and went through the whole unlink and link process that you described (minus the new account bit) - it's definitely not fast into Garmin, so if you haven't given it a day maybe that's it?

Edit: it's also possible Garmin busted something yesterday as I just checked Fitbit and I did use the scale yesterday and that hasn't synced over yet. Fwiw - previous breaks seem to have been accidental and fixed eventually as MFP is the only way to get calories into GC as far as I know.
Last edited by: andrewjshults: Oct 16, 19 7:33
Quote Reply