Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: We just hit 400 [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
What the hell, I'm in. I guess now I have to subscribe to Strava. Cheers

you don't have to. just, if you typically log your entries on another platform - training peaks, TR's calendar, what have you - and you want to enter them once, then you can only do that with Strava as the activity "processor". you can upload your workouts to the slowtwitch training log (as i will) or, if your workouts can make their way to strava one way or the other then they'll sync down to our training log.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
this will help you run to the front in all your cx races ;-)

Can't hurt! But honestly, primary motivation is to do that trail run with you in Kona next year!

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in #481. Just what the Dr. Ordered
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that. 500. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we're at 500 now. are you in? the challenge starts today. or tomorrow. depending on where you are in the world.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has a minimum distance been established for a single run to count for the day?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in, against my better judgment. Tendinitis is my right knee has kept me off the road since mid-September. I'll be happy to get in 25 runs in the next 100 days.
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that. 500. [f18guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
f18guy wrote:

No minimum distance.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that. 500. [f18guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
f18guy wrote:

He posted the rules at the top, 30 minutes is the minimum, but even that comes with some caveats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Let's see if we can get 1000 into this craziness!

unlikely. but we'll cross 500 today.

I think it is doable. We were over 700 for a few years without twitter, facebook and instagram to muliply the "subscriptions" off the forum. I think it is doable to get to 1000 from all around the world! Tell all your friends!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info regarding other possibilities. I went ahead and signed up anyway, because it was a good excuse to motivate (guilt) family members into working out more frequently.

Logged my first run. Do we get bonus points for runs below freezing? ๐Ÿ˜œ
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Let's see if we can get 1000 into this craziness!

unlikely. but we'll cross 500 today.

I think it is doable. We were over 700 for a few years without twitter, facebook and instagram to muliply the "subscriptions" off the forum. I think it is doable to get to 1000 from all around the world! Tell all your friends!

I'm always surprised to see the (significant) number who sign up, but never log more than 1 (or zero) runs once the challenge gets underway.

Quote | Reply
I wish. Almost every run I do outside will happen below freezing for this challenge.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400 [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
I signed up yesterday, sink with strava etc,

I donโ€™t see my name.

Any issues logging in with iPhone?

Maurice

Shouldn't be any trouble. I'll see what happened with your challenge entry.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400 [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:
I signed up yesterday, sink with strava etc,

I donโ€™t see my name.

Any issues logging in with iPhone?

Maurice

Shouldn't be any trouble. I'll see what happened with your challenge entry.

-Eric

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
Logged my first run. Do we get bonus points for runs below freezing? ๐Ÿ˜œ

The better question is: do runs above freezing even count? Today it was -1*C when I started, 0*C when I finished, and I predict this being one of the last "nice" days. Soon it will be the pit of January, and we're going to have beauties like this one again: -25*C at the start, feels like -30*C.

I fart in the general direction of your "below freezing" run ๐Ÿ˜‚โ„โ„โ›„

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that, 500. 550 now. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, it is kind of a dumb challenge.

If I put in 2 miles every day for 3 months, what good is it really going to do? If I get sick and push myself to do a mile or 2 delaying my recovery just to stick with a challenge - is it worth it?

Do this as a year long challenge, aiming to hit a certain number, proportional to the age. Or just aim to run at least every other day for a year. Not that snappy of a headline, but it'd make more sense.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that, 500. 550 now. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In.

How does one take a day off?
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that, 500. 550 now. [coralsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3rd time for me. I was briefly second. But it's a lot easier getting out as down here in the future it's summer.

Which gets harder for fat old farts like me.
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that, 500. 550 now. [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
To be honest, it is kind of a dumb challenge.

If I put in 2 miles every day for 3 months, what good is it really going to do? If I get sick and push myself to do a mile or 2 delaying my recovery just to stick with a challenge - is it worth it?

Do this as a year long challenge, aiming to hit a certain number, proportional to the age. Or just aim to run at least every other day for a year. Not that snappy of a headline, but it'd make more sense.

It's only dumb if you can are not smart enough to read the rules. No one is forcing anyone to run any different from their main program. Just log the runs that qualify and use the challenge as a motivator when you need to. If you don't take recovery when sick, then that's your own problem. The challenge accommodates all that, but I don't think you even read through it properly.
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that, 500. 550 now. [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Firstly....2 miles? that's a 15 minute/mile pace to reach the 30 minute threshold. Are both feet leaving the ground at once at that pace?

Secondly...why would you run when you are sick/injured?...take the time you need off and then double up later in the challenge when you are ready to go (if you want to hit the 100 mark). The challenge allows for days off if needed. I know I see a doctor on Wednesday that is probably going to keep my from running for a couple weeks (hopefully only a couple). I plan to do some doubles at the end of the challenge make up the missed runs and end at 100 but if I don't it's no biggie this just a good challenge to keep people running during the winter season (for us northern hemisphere peoples).

Thirdly and most importantly...The Airing of Grievances is a different thread. Please proceed to said thread and air your grieviance there.....or the Cry thread
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400 [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Thanks!

Hey Maurice,

I see your login, and your Strava sync, but I don't show you as having joined the challenge. Just visit

https://training.slowtwitch.com/challenges/list

And make sure you select "Enroll" on the 100/100 one. Then you'll be in the challenge.

Thank you!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. Late add: 600 and counting. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In against my better judgement. ;-)

Hope I can find a way to keep going with travels to the Netherlands and Paris for 2+ weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. Late add: 600 and counting. [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
In against my better judgement. ;-) Hope I can find a way to keep going with travels to the Netherlands and Paris for 2+ weeks.

treadmills!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: We just hit 400. scratch that, 500. 550 now. [coralsnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple. Don't run for a day.

Ryan
Quote Reply

Prev Next