Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

We're talking baseball...
Quote | Reply
(or not)

Now, I'm a Mets fan, so call me biased, but Jose Reyes is on a hot streak from hell. Last 7 days, he's 19/31 (.613!), and he's gotten a hit as the leadoff batter in each game (including two homers). In his current 13 game hitting streak, he's hitting .561; he's score 25 runs in the past 18 games. He leads the majors in runs scored, triples, and stolen bases, and 4th in hits. Add to that he's got a cannon for an arm, and great range. And he's 23. Last week he went from first to third on a ground ball out.

It's been quite fun following him and David Wright, who is also only 23, as the Mets finally put the Braves out of the picture.

Amazing that these two lead the "other" NY left side (Jeter and ARod) of the infield in every batting category.
Quote Reply
Re: We're talking baseball... [Tri Fold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great......now you've gone and jinxed us!!!!!!!

Careful, this IS the Mets you're talking about. We're always just a Pedro big toe or a Reyes' hammy away from third place....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been a Met fan since the mid-60s (I'll be 47 next month). This is way too much fun right now.
Reyes will cool off, but he is a damn exciting player to watch. Even before this streak he probably made teams more nervous than any other .250 hitter in the league.

Reyes, Wright, Millidge (and Pelfrey if the baseball gods are good to us). The future looks pretty sweet!!
Quote Reply
Re: We're talking baseball... [tryemdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great......now you've gone and jinxed us!!!!!!!

Careful, this IS the Mets you're talking about. We're always just a Pedro big toe or a Reyes' hammy away from third place....

I remember in 1986, you just knew that the Mets would do whatever it took to win. 108-54. I get almost the same feeling this year, but not quite. The pitching is a little sketchier this year (and I can't stand to watch any Met "closer" recently).

Two guesses which two players led the majors in total bases over the past 30 days. Amazin'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baseball hasn't been so much fun for me to talk about for the last week or so...

Cardinals lose 6 in a row (?!?) and STILL lead their division by 2 games. How is that possible?
Last edited by: stl_triness: Jun 26, 06 10:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mets look pretty good this year and at least have the division locked up. After buying Delgado, Beltran, Wagner recently.....would you want any worse??

The NL East looked strong but has since proved to be pretty poor. there are a few better teams in the AL (including, yes, the other NY team) and a couple in the NL.

Don't get your hopes up for a World Series appearance just yet. We haven't even gotten to the All-Star break.

-A somewhat-bitter Phillies fan
Quote Reply
Re: We're talking baseball... [teege] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Mets look pretty good this year and at least have the division locked up. After buying Delgado, Beltran, Wagner recently.....would you want any worse??

The NL East looked strong but has since proved to be pretty poor. there are a few better teams in the AL (including, yes, the other NY team) and a couple in the NL.

Don't get your hopes up for a World Series appearance just yet. We haven't even gotten to the All-Star break.

-A somewhat-bitter Phillies fan

You ever go to Connie Mack Stadium back in the day? I saw Tony Taylor and Richie/Dick Allen and Johnny Callison and... there a long time ago.

We'll see if the Best of the AL East are better than the Mets. Toronto down, Boston next, then them Yankees.
Quote Reply