Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Waterproof socks
Quote | Reply
Does anyone use waterproof socks trail running. Started trail running but very muddy and some deep water in lots of areas. Shoes are water resistant, seem to keep the water out when going through puddles but the deeper stuff washes into the shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Waterproof socks [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not waterproof socks, but running gaiters to stop the mud/grit getting into shoe/sock. Then decent merino running socks to keep the tootsies warm enough.

In the past I have used the sealskinz socks for MTB, and commuting. But in reality they weren't truly waterproof and the fit wasn't as comfy - ok-ish for cycling but wouldn't want to run. They were also really thick so you'd need to upsize your running shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair off Amazon but haven’t used them yet. I’ve read seal skinz are good but didn’t want to spend the money on them because I’m cheap! But i needed some for my slushy winter runs. Nothing worse than stepping in a puddle a mile into a run and have your feet frozen the rest of the way!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Waterproof socks [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you buy the Randy Sun socks. Saw them but figured I'd ask first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup! Tried them on today and actually don’t feel weird. I thought they might feel a bit odd. They’re thick but if they work I’ll be happy.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt,
In SwimRun we avoid waterproof shoes like the plague. Basically we want shoes that drain well. :-)

As for socks - we mostly run in wool socks as they shed the water quite fast. I have done races up to 9 hours and not had a blister.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you need some gaiters.
Quote Reply