Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Watching the tour with TIVO...my routine
Quote | Reply
Unless you are obsessed with minutia, it is the way to go. There was a post about commercials recently on OLN.....Commercials????? I dont know what they are anymore. Here is how I watch the tour.

1. Listen to Bob Roll and his buddies make their predictions, hit fast forward button till I see that cute chick jumping around in waterfalls or maybe Chris Carmichael rambling on about something I might find interesting.

2. Figure out who the lead pack is and where is Lance in relationship to them. Fast forward looking for weird stuff to happen like crashes.....

3. If its a mountain stage I actually take time to watch it.

4. If not I zipp to the end and see the last sprint finish.....then look for Lance.

5. Watch the tall girls kiss the small rider and see Lance pick up his Teddy Bear and pretend to have a conversation with the same guy as the day before ( obviously he is an important dude but I dont know his name as I dont follow cycling) as he walks off the podium.

Time spent 20-45 minutes.

Did I say I love Tivo???
Quote Reply
Re: Watching the tour with TIVO...my routine [mike hawk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the scenery and a few highlights, start –attacks – bit of history - 5 clicks from the finish – podium girls. The rest day review is also nice, or if some no name , low GC guy wins a stage , I cheer.

There was some big stink about, TIVO reducing the commercial exposure by 80 -90 percent. Very few ads interest me at all or would I buy any of it .
Quote Reply