Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Watches
Quote | Reply
What kind/model of watches does everyone use here? I'm currently using this 4 year old Nike watch which is on the verge of going to watch heaven.

I've been looking into the Oakley D2 a little bit but havn't seen it yet.

Any suggestions? I mainly need something for cycling, running and just wearing around.
Quote Reply
Re: Watches [bigd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Nike HRM watch that is the best. A great simple heartrate monitor and a great track or race watch. Large, easy to read and easy to learn and use...Stack of others have gone on to closet oblivion.

Slow down or Go Around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been a fan of the Timex Ironman watches for 10+ years now. Cheap, reliable, and does everything I need it to do. (I'm not looking for a HRM or anything fancy) Only complaint is that I find I have to replace watchbands every two years or so. Velcro bands will lose their grippiness, and the rubber bands get brittle and crack after too much chlorine exposure.
Quote Reply
Re: Watches [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second the Timex thing. Cheap and super reliable. I crashed once and my arm hit the pavement and smashed in the face of the watch. With a $40 Timex I wasn't as concerned as I would have been with a $140 Nike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also had a Nike Triax 300, till the watch band finally gave out. Watch still works, but I can't get band. I cheaped out and got a Timex Ironman 100 lap, and try as I might, I just don't like it, though I'll probably use it this year. What I liked best about the Nike is , I could select which numbers were larger, (the lap time, or overall time), AND all the numbers were bigger anyway, so I could read them either way. I find the timex lap times WAY too small, basically I can't read them when on aero bars, and have to stop running to read them.
Quote Reply
Re: Watches [Trigeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hm... yeah, I've been lookin' at those huge Nike ones for a while. You'll be able to read the display on those things a mile away, hehe =) I think I might dish out some cash and get one of those.

Any others out there that are a good?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rolex Daytona Cosmograph would be a great choice, as a Tag Heuer is always a good choice for a sport watch.

Just Kidding. I use the Polar HR as my watch. I like the ones that have the chronograph function, myself. If not a Polar HR, I would recommend a Timex Ironman, they are still a winner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Big D,

My wife found my Timex Indiglo Ironman Triathlon (what a moniker!) over ten years ago, laying at the bottom of Cultus Lake which is a few dozen miles outside of Vancouver.

At the time I felt funny wearing it - I was 40 pounds overweight, drank like a fish, and smoked roll-your-own Drum tobacco cigarettes. I'm sure the subconscious influence of that watch played some role in getting from that person to the person I am now.

So needless to say I'm a Timex fan - plus it seems to keep decent real time, split time, interval time, and all the other essential times.

Best,

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Nike has my business... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hm... yeah, I've been lookin' at those huge Nike ones for a while. You'll be able to read the display on those things a mile away, hehe =) I think I might dish out some cash and get one of those.

Any others out there that are a good?
played around with the timex watches for a while, but once i upgraded to the nike there was no going back. not only are the large numbers a plus, but the angled face facilitates easy viewing when running or aerobarring (new word!). had my Triax 100 for 3 years now and just picked up their sleeker Triax Stamina. good stuff....
Quote Reply