Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be
Quote | Reply
Applied to wetskin. It said it's for kids but would seem to work for tri folks. I cant remember the name of it, anyone familiar with it and, if so, does it work well?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scape? Bullfrog?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I've used that stuff and it works pretty well. Since it's a spray, it's certainly faster than blobbing cream on your shoulders, but I wouldn't use it on my face.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great product.
Have been using it and love it. They make a child and adult version.
Quote Reply
Re: Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be [LuvMyCrappyBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, Thanks. I use some of their stuff for my face and like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I don't mean to rain on your ride. Be careful of the sunscreen you're putting on your skin. It ends up in your body.
EWG(the Environmental Working Group) does an unbias testing of sunscreens and other products.
This is what is said about the Neutr0gena products. They're rated. 0-2 is the best rating. some of these are rating 7.
I also know a spray seems better. First, it can get in to your lungs, eyes and mouth. Second, a lot of the product goes to the air and so you're paying more in the end because of the waste.
If you care about your long term health, stay away from certain ingredients like oxybenzone and Vitamin A. There are others.
Here's where to go to look up sunscreen safety. EWG.org.
Check them out before applying them. I've done a lot of research about toxins and chemicals in products we use after getting very sick 6 years ago and realizing part of it was because of a toxic build up in my system.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Julia

------------------------

Keep yourself sun protected with natural sunscreen no matter what your sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be [gofasterforever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofasterforever wrote:
Hi. I don't mean to rain on your ride. Be careful of the sunscreen you're putting on your skin. It ends up in your body.
EWG(the Environmental Working Group) does an unbias testing of sunscreens and other products.
This is what is said about the Neutr0gena products. They're rated. 0-2 is the best rating. some of these are rating 7.
I also know a spray seems better. First, it can get in to your lungs, eyes and mouth. Second, a lot of the product goes to the air and so you're paying more in the end because of the waste.
If you care about your long term health, stay away from certain ingredients like oxybenzone and Vitamin A. There are others.
Check them out before applying them. I've done a lot of research about toxins and chemicals in products we use after getting very sick 6 years ago and realizing part of it was because of a toxic build up in my system.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Julia

------------------------

that was rather carefully crafted not to sound like the spam that it is.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Checked the list. Nothing over 30 spf has a decent rating. seems like a balance between cancerous UV rays and cancerous toxins.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Was on HI and saw a tv ad for sunscreen designed to be [gofasterforever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofasterforever wrote:

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Julia

------------------------

Yes, and please note that their 'unbiased' opinion comes complete with ads & links to purchase many of their recommended brands.
Quote Reply