Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers
Quote | Reply
Hey guys and ladies, triathletes and cyclists, runners and whoever else is out there. Just wanted to announce something new that I am undertaking in the GTA. As you may or may not know already, I am one of the principal employees at Gears Bike Shop in Mississauga. I'm now branching out onto my own a bit, getting away from the pure sales and moving towards the fitness and training side of things. To that end, I will now be offering fitness testing and assessments through a company I have started up on the side. I have invested in a NewLeaf VO2 P.A.S metabolic testing unit, and will be providing Resting Metabolic Rate tests, as well as VO2max, and Anaerobic Threshold on a CT or a treadmill. The new biz is called I.M.Fit, and you can check it out at www.imfit.ca. Keep in mind the website is still under construction, but the bulk of it is complete. I've been going for about a week now, and already getting alot of interest just from word of mouth.

Thanks for reading my pathetic attempt at advertising, and if you check out the website, thanks for that too. Hopefully I'll hear from one or two of you in the near future.

Cheers

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck to you Ian. If you haven't already, you should post this over on Trinewbies too. There's quite a few Toronto folks over there as well.

D.
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dawn, I'll do that later today.

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure hope my friend Krista gets healthy enough to get her test in one of these days..she's totally bummed about it right now. If I find anyone in your neck of the woods I'll definitely send them your way. And you really need a PR man working with you on this.
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Kent,

good to hear from you. Too bad about Krista, but we've got her scheduled for next week. I've done 4 tests in the last week. Pretty cool to see how externally similar people can have such widely varying physiological results.

As for PR, ya I could use one, but that costs money, and I'm waiting to bring some of that in before I start sending more out. We have flyers on the way, and the website is coming along. Word of mouth is going to be my best PR for now.

How's the 625 working for you?

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how is it working for me...hmmm...well..have yet to calibrate the foot pod and one of these days I'll be able to get out and do that..but between work and the weather it hasn't happened yet..working nights for the next two weels will help some...most of the testing I hope to be doing will be geared more to the weight loss/medical side of the story. Since you are so completely kitted out I'll send the real athletes your way. I'll have to stop by the shop some time next week and see how things are going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian,

Good to see another service like this in the T-Dot. I couldn't tell from the website, but will you be offering package Aerobic Threshold tests, so someone (such as myself) could test both bike and run? Obviously, they would have to be on seperate days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian, will you offer any electrolyte loss protocol testing? I am trying to find centers that do this. Other than GSSI it's slim pickens.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [infinIT 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Answering two posts in one shot here. Yes to Aerobic Theshold testing. My standard protocol is a multi phase progressive load test on either the CT or a treadmill, both of which I have. I'm still working on content for test description, so be patient. As for electrolyte loss, at this time no, but I will look into what is required and possibly offer that in the future.

Thanks for the interest.

Ian

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian,
Congratulations, on the start up of your company, I'm sure I'll be using your services in the future. Your knowledge and thoroughness will will no doubt be a huge asset in your success. Now all you need is a cute, adorable puppy of your own to help lure in those customers.
Thanks again for a great bike fit.

Stuart
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [Aaross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have such a unique business that I bet you could talk the local news into doing a spot on your business, newspapers too for that fact. They are always looking for stories on new things. You could probably lure them into doing it if you staged a physical fitness "measure off" between two of their staff or something like that. Help them see where they are, and get some free press. On that note, I bet you could find a public relations company in your area whose owner/president is enough of a fitness buff to trade some of your services for some free work. Keep on keeping on.
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [Aaross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stuart...Stuart G? Hey man, didn't know you hung out here. Thanks for the words of support. Let me know when you want to get checked out and we'll set something up. As for a cute puppy, we'll be getting one or two of those next year when we get the new house/training centre. For now my really cute GF will have to do. :)

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True enough Ian but do you want the kind of people who would be lured in by your cute GF to be knowing where you live? And the post above you has a good idea there...get the local news involved..nothing brings in the couch taters like watching the tv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with that. We put New Leaf into our club a short time ago, and it's very cool. Great information for folks to know about themselves.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Warning:Flagrant self promotion inside, Attention Toronto area ST'ers [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, true enough...guess I'll have to keep her on the down-low. As for the media thing, that was a great idea, one that I'm all over as we speak. I remembered I have a contact in the PR biz with lots of media contacts. Hopefully that will pan out next week.

Ian MacLean
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Dsbush: May 23, 10 19:06
Quote Reply