Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wanna get fired up!?
Quote | Reply
Wanna get fired up for your next comp? Don't come here. They only discuss equipment and other non-related earthly matters.

I'm the sacrificial lamb. So be it.

V
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [vishkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I edited my post because I see now what the problem is. You have been ignored at competitions. Not enough turnout for you. Well, I have assembled a small but talented group of folks to accompany you to your next competition. We still need someone to carry the boombox for you though, and call out "You da man, Vishy" as you move down to the water's edge.

Last edited by: Monk: Dec 20, 04 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's too cold to get fired up

besides, my next race is 5 months away

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think i'm getting an iPod for Christmas!!!

Oh, wait... That's equipment related...

However, I did originally post this with training in mind. The thought of hammering out the miles on the wind trainer and treadmill with some bumping tunes playing is much more appealing and has me "fired up" about Jan/Feb.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk,

Sign me up... I'll take the cheerleader package as well (do you think my girlfriend would mind?)

Some more thoughts...
- Put them work prior to the race applying wetsuit lube, and/or KY jelly to prevent chafing
- Have them distract vishkid's competition prior to the race, thus making them late for the gun.
- all them have a role in the post race recovery massage.
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [eastcoasttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll take the cheerleader package as well (do you think my girlfriend would mind?)
I already have releases from all girlfriends and wives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will get people going here. However, it is interesting the volume of discussion that is devoted to issues that are not related to performance or making us go faster. I think that it may be the simplicity of it all - if you want to improve, I mean really improve, you have to work hard, very hard, over a long period of time to see real substantial results.

As for the competition itself, that's a relative thing. What I find interesting is the more and more people are doing triathlons and marathons, but the average finishing times are getting slower and slower!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the simplicity of it all. Increasing performance, for most, is very simple. Simple does not mean easy, only uncomplicated.

Talking about it doesn't get anyone faster or increase performance.

With the all the information out there, and all the threads already on ST, BT, TNO, Gordo, CF, etc ... is there anyone that does not have a good idea of a plan that will enable them, combined with consistent effort, to get faster?

What's to say?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"With the all the information out there, and all the threads already on ST, BT, TNO, Gordo, CF, etc ... is there anyone that does not have a good idea of a plan that will enable them, combined with consistent effort, to get faster?"

The irony, as I pointed out, is that collectivly, people are NOT getting faster - they are getting slower. I still listen to people talk about how they are training and I wonder, where on earth they are getting their in formation from.

Ditto for bike fit. If you want a good laugh( or scare) stand at the exit to T1 at any major IM race and you will see many truely horrific bike set-ups and positionings. Again, like all the training information floating around, there is all kinds of fit info out there, some of the best right here on this web site, but still people seem to want to re-invent the wheel!

The other thing that I find bewidering is that, these days everyone seems to be an expert! What I love doing now is just asking a few leading questions and letting people go. It's amazing what I hear - things that go completely counter to the laws of physics and physiology, but that's OK, I guess, cause these people are experts!!

Fleck

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[quote]I think that it may be the simplicity of it all - if you want to improve, I mean really improve, you have to work hard, very hard, over a long period of time to see real substantial results. [/quote]

What planet are you from? Don't you know it is all about gadgets, an expensive aero bike, the best wetsuit, new running shoes, and a really cool racing outfit. Hard work? That is a laugh! Just spit tequila all over my keyboard!

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, quite honestly, I'd bet many people talk more than they do (i.e., train)... myself included (unfortunately).

Talk is cheap. Everyone can afford it. That's why there's so much of it.

The difference between improving and stagnant trainees, in almost any endeavor, is the difference among their progressive, consistent training (or lack thereof). I am a perfect example. When I am training regularly progress in almost linear. Then there are times like this last month where training has dropped on my priority list, for no good reason.

I can't really comment on anyone else's bike fit, training, etc ... I can barely keep mine going how I'd like it.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Dec 20, 04 14:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanna get fired up for your next comp? Don't come here. They only discuss equipment and other non-related earthly matters.

Shut up, already.

I must have missed the post where you asked for advice or help about getting motivated for your next race. I must have missed all those posts where you helped motivate others, or gave us all good training tips. I must have missed just about every constructive post you've made, because from what I can tell, just about every one of your posts here has been about Demerly, and how you think he's abusing the forum.

Demerly contributes- have you?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
careful Vitus, I said this yesterday and ended up being called an ass

Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ended up being called an ass

No worries for me there, I think that ship sailed long ago.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk, this does nothing for me. What else ya got?

Re: Wanna get fired up!? [CrashingGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Monk, this does nothing for me. What else ya got? "

slow reaction time

we could post another picture of Tibbs?!!

Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on what you said, indeed, the orginal poster may have been trolling for a fight. Not sure on a vendetta against Tom D., but I do agree that Tom's contributions far out weight any promotional gain for his shop. We are all better for him being part of the forum. In fact, many bike retailers should make a good note of what Tom does, because many bike shop owners/managers would not know how to market themselves out of a wet paper bag! It's amazing how some of them stay in business. There are good one's out there, but they are few and far between.

The non-stop equipment nattering does tend to drone on and on. Personally, I tend to shut down when some guy is trying to decide bewteen a $2,000 HED wheelset and a $2,000 ZIPP wheel set. Who cares!

Fleck

Quote Reply
Re: Wanna get fired up!? [CrashingGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Date Frog awhile. He has "turned" more than one woman totally against men.
Last edited by: Monk: Dec 20, 04 14:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now you're just being mean!

just because Slow left you after a weekend of Florida bliss...

Last edited by: frogonawire: Dec 20, 04 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
give it a rest, 'kid. please.

Quote | Reply
Maybe I should have considered cheerleading instead of triathlon!

OK, here's one for CrashingGirl:

Or maybe the Chippendale Dancers would come cheer you on:

Quote Reply