Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri
Quote | Reply
Hey there team,

Getting a new HRM and just looking for some feedback, experience etc. on the following 3. I have it narrowed down to:

Garmin HRM - tri
Wahoo Tickr
Wahoo Tickr X

A little background. I have a Garmin 920 XT watch. Bought as a bundle with both swim and tri HRM. The dark blue HRM for running and cycling crapped out. I called Garmin and they will sell me a new one at a discounted price. It is about 3 years old now.
I am a heavy sweater and dump a lot of ice and water over my head durning hot runs. Probably why my previous Garmin quit working. I do like having the data the HRM - tri has but I can live without it. Does wahoo provide the same? Really just looking for a solid HRM that will last.

Anyways, really looking forward to some feedback and your experience to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Quinner
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had the regular Garmin chest strap go bad. I ordered the Scosche Rhythm 24 that I got for $80.99. You may want to add it to your list of options.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [Jgill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Wahoo Tickr X and Scosche Rhythm 24. I’ve had the Garmin tri but didn’t like it as much and didn’t replace it when it gave out... FWIW, I feel like the Tickr X is easy and convenient for a chest strap. The Rhythm 24 is pretty sweet for an optical sensor but occasionally gives me wonky readings for whatever reason.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 years is pretty good for regular use of a strap. I'd say keep going with Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [trihawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which strap does chafe or cut into you? I'm still using the Garmin hard strap. The soft one did some good damage. Any of the new straps any better?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [alui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really wasn’t chafing or cutting. None of the straps from any brand I’ve had in the last five years have been an issue. Just didn’t like the closure style and location compared to the Tickr X and the additional metric info is all done by other sensors for me.

I really like the ease of use on the Tickr X. Nothing at all wrong with the HRM tri, just not one I replaced when it finally gave out.

Blog | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it stop working or did you not replace the battery? Three years on one battery is pretty good.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the input. I will look into the rhythm 24 for sure.
As for my Garmin it was great. No complaints. Felt good wearing it. And I changed the battery twice. So including the original. 3 total.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the Tickr, TickrX and Garmin straps and I like the Tickr the best and I think its the best value for the money. I bought the TickrX and I haven't really used the additional features so save yourself a few bucks and get the Tickr. The Sosche has great reviews in general but I haven't used it. Wahoo customer service is great so that's an additional plus.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replying in general, i’m pretty sure the Tikr’s broadcast in Bluetooth. I don’t think the Garmin does if that’s important.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True dual Ant+ and Bluetooth.Could also consider the 4iiii Viiiiva which can also act as a bridge AND is waterproof. I wore it under my swimskin just to see if it would really work...and it did.

Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo tickr vs. Tickr X vs. Garmin tri [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 4iiii Viiiva too. Love it. I have the regular Garmin HR soft strap too but I like the 4iiii better (has the bridge feature, comfortable strap and the closure mechanism is easy).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for the Viiiiva. Use Ant+ with Garmin outside, Bluetooth with phone on trainer.

I’ve had mine for going on 5 years now (and been training quite a lot each year). Longest I’ve ever had a HRM last...

-Me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good call by you...now that I think about it Viiiiva is the best option Tickr number 2.

Quote Reply