Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo kickr bike, any opinions?
Quote | Reply
I received an email on the wahoo kickr bike ($3500 and four weeks for delivery) and wanted to know if their are any opinions out there. I did review the great video on the bike by DCRainmaker, but was concerned at the amount of flex and movement of the unit (maybe it’s more realistic though). I have a dumb trainer that I love but want to train with Zwift. Since a smart trainer with climbing features is $1500 or so this bike is about $2000 above that.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr bike, any opinions? [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
I received an email on the wahoo kickr bike ($3500 and four weeks for delivery) and wanted to know if their are any opinions out there. I did review the great video on the bike by DCRainmaker, but was concerned at the amount of flex and movement of the unit (maybe it’s more realistic though). I have a dumb trainer that I love but want to train with Zwift. Since a smart trainer with climbing features is $1500 or so this bike is about $2000 above that.

we don't know anything about that bike. nobody here has ever ridden it, or voiced any opinions about. in fact, i'm starting to wonder if it even exists.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr bike, any opinions? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
vonschnapps wrote:

we don't know anything about that bike. nobody here has ever ridden it, or voiced any opinions about. in fact, i'm starting to wonder if it even exists.

Haha good one Dan!

I’m eyeing one myself but waiting for the money tree to grow big enough so I can start plucking some Ben Franks off it!

Personally I thought Dan’s review is much more insightful than DCR ... also the comparison to Tacx Neo is excellent, also worth a read.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...erm_Review_7608.html
Last edited by: snail: Jul 29, 20 13:28
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr bike, any opinions? [snail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snail wrote:
Slowman wrote:
vonschnapps wrote:

Haha good one Dan!

I’m eyeing one myself but waiting for the money tree to grow big enough so I can start plucking some Ben Franks off it!

Personally I thought Dan’s review is much more insightful than DCR ... also the comparison to Tacx Neo is excellent, also worth a read.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...erm_Review_7608.html

i'm a big fan of these bikes as you know, and you may find this a valuable read, which is the use of either of these smart bikes as a sort of pseudo fit bike. here's the NEO. either of these bikes is way in front of whatever smart trainer is in 3rd place.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered one Tuesday after consulting with slowman. Once it arrives I will have a Tacx Neo in very good condition for sale.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Jul 30, 20 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo kickr bike, any opinions? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must have missed your article, probably because I wasn’t thinking about a new trainer back then. Contemplating ordering it in October for winter indoor training next year. I’m not really an ‘early adopter’, so hoping there will be more of these out there, and more opinions, by then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. Appaently the first one in Canada according to my LBS. I got it about 6 weeks ago and have been doing rouvy rides using an appletv as well as some workouts using just the wahoo app on my ipad

I really like it.

It was super easy to set up.

It is very quiet and smooth. the power seems accurate

The hill simulation (tilting) is great and I believe it reduces saddle fatigue for longer rides, which imo gives it a win over competitors.

The ability to virtually set up different gearing scenarios and easily switch between them is pretty cool.

I don't really have anything negative to say about it. Yes it flexes a bit fore/aft but that doesnt bother me. I haven't noticed the thigh rub on the top tube that has been mentioned by DCR.

Quote Reply