Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Kickr Snap vs. Cycleops Magnus/M2
Quote | Reply
Looking to pick up a low end smart trainer and am looking at the 2 models in the title. Both have pretty good reviews. Anyone have any personal experience good or bad with either.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Snap vs. Cycleops Magnus/M2 [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a KICKR SNAP for about three years now; my wife has had hers for two. We love them...so much so that when we both tried a 2017 KICKR, we went back to the SNAP. We run a Continental trainer tire (you don't have to, but I'd rather wear that out than my GP5000s, considering my weekly mileage). YMMV, but I think the KICKR SNAP is a great entry-level option.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've got both. I bought the Magnus a while back, and like it. Great thing to me is the adjustment dial that you turn until it clicks, just a torque wrench. It also transmits cadence, that the Snap does not. Downside is it's a lot louder than the Snap.

My wife has 650c tires, and the Magnus does not support this size, so we got her a Snap. Getting the roller pressure just right is more difficult than the Magnus, we had to buy a new BT cadence sensor, but that's because we both are using an Apple TV. But it sure is quieter than the Magnus.

Overall, I'm happy with both, but I'm also going to be talking to Santa about wheel-off trainers.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Magnus M2. One of the lightest flywheels of any trainer. 1.13kg (iirc). Packs a huge punch for resistance changes in SIM mode for such a light flywheel.

The SNAP 1/2 is the best wheel-on trainer I've come across. And it's priced accordingly... higher than most.

As with any wheel-on you need to take into account the spindowns required for 'accurate' data about 10 minutes into every ride - unless you have a power meter on the bike. Also thru-axle compatibility is something to factor in if required.

Go direct drive if you can. Kickr CORE > Kickr SNAP and isn't a massive leap. H2 > M2.. but hello $$.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Kickr Snap vs. Cycleops Magnus/M2 [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm budget constrained to $400 or so. The Magnus and M2 are both around there at REI and with the Labor Day sale, the Kickr should be $400 also. Assuming it's not excluded. If it is, my choice is made.

I'm currently on a 10 or 11 year old Nashbar fluid trainer, so any of them will be a step up. I do have a PM on my trainer bike, so the 10 minute warmup isn't a big deal.
Quote Reply