Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt battery life
Quote | Reply
I have one, but have never really tested how long it will survive. I assume a lot of you have and can advise. I'd like to be running bluetooth and assume all my devices / sensors are connected. How long can this thing go realistically? I need 12 hours....I hope! Thanks.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt battery life [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know. Mine lasts so long that it's never something i need to worry about.

I would think that you'd be able to do a 12 hour ride (and then back again) on the same charge...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure mine will manage 12 hours but have never tried one ride that long. I do know it ran for about 17 hours of basement trianing time over about a month this winter but the GPS doesn't work in indoor mode and I am reasonably sure that is a pretty big drag on the battery.

rich
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
16hrs with a relatively new unit. A few tests run here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOgQtUCLjY4

Also another video about getting maximum battery life out of the Elemnt/BOLT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP0_7TXl19Y (and yep, it works with a small external battery)

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt battery life [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done a 12 hour ride with the bolt without any battery issues.

ETA: That's with GPS, power meter and HRM.
Last edited by: Sun Wu Kong: May 23, 19 8:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was an early adopter in March 2017. Always ride with GPS, HR, Power, and BT phone connectivity for text messaging prompts. Back light is set to 15 seconds, so every time it auto pauses, I change a page, or hit the lap button, the back light does go on for 15 seconds. With these settings, I typically get around 15 hours of battery life. Have not seen any type of battery life degradation in the 2+ years I've owned it.

I've done one long ride, about 10 hours total from the time I powered on the Bolt to the time I powered it off, and I think I had 30% battery left. I do live in a warm climate, so the whole cold weather and shorter battery life doesn't apply to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Elemnt Bolt battery life [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve noticed the same thing. However, once on a ride my battery life is really strong. I did a 4 1/2 hr ride last week using turn by turn and I had 65% left at the end.
Quote Reply