Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WTC's New AWA (All World Athlete) Line Cutting Perks and Unique Bib Program [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
Apparently non-gold AWAs get preferred entry too (I got this for being a triclub member too so maybe this is not that big of a deal).

Congratulations on being one of our All World Athletes! For this accomplishment we want to reward you with a special opportunity.

As you may have heard, IRONMAN announced today that Cambridge, Maryland will become the twelfth U.S. location in the IRONMAN® Series. The inaugural IRONMAN Maryland will take place on Saturday, September 20, 2014, becoming the first IRONMAN race in the Mid-Atlantic!

We value your loyalty and want to offer you priority registration into this first-year event. This means you will have special access to register for the event before it goes on sale to the general public. Emails will be sent at 10 a.m. ET on Tuesday, April 15 with a unique link for registration. There are limited slots available. This offer is non-transferable and available until April 17 at 11 a.m. ET. General registration opens April 17 at noon ET.

Thank you so much for your patronage to the sport and to IRONMAN over the years - we truly appreciate athletes like yourself. We will be contacting you with other exclusive offers throughout the year.

I got this as a "Silver AWA" Hmmm I need to add that to my personal bests listing ;)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: WTC's New AWA (All World Athlete) Line Cutting Perks and Unique Bib Program [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my AWA award in the mail. I don't know what I'm going to do with the luggage tag, you can't write your name on it so I don't know that it will help me get my lost luggage back. I got gold and it says I can get early entry to any IM race (except Kona). I think I'm going to put my sticker on my commuter bike.

So I get a gold star on my race bib, a sticker and front cuts in line. I feel like a privileged second grader.

Since awa, sounds like a Hawaiian and the Ironman is in Hawaii I thought there might be a connection. So I looked it up. Turns out ‘awa is a plant with "medicinal" uses. It's kava in Samoa, from the website canoeplants:

'Awa is used principally as a sedative to induce relaxation and sleep, especially when combined with lomi lomi massage. It is also used as a tonic when people feel weak, as it is stimulating and refreshing, unless drunk in large quantities. Over indulgence in `awa use for a period of time can adversely (but temporarily) affect the skin and eyes. The word `awa means bitter.
Quote Reply
Re: WTC's New AWA (All World Athlete) Line Cutting Perks and Unique Bib Program [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK. So, I got this in the mail and what a joke. Can you say GIMMICK?! I put it in the treasure box at my school so now some 8 year old is walking around as an AWA. I think that WTC just churns out these ideas to lure people into signing up for races, etc. and we all know triathletes love to do the humble-brag or the out right brag.....

So, what will they come up with next as a gimmick?!

KK
Quote Reply

Prev Next