Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WINDOWS?!?!?!
Quote | Reply
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Out of memory!Callback called exit at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clients\SlowTwitch\Forum\gforum.cgi line 18.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clients\SlowTwitch\Forum\gforum.cgi line 18.
Well that's what you get for running a web server on a windows box.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: WINDOWS?!?!?! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
install linux mate...
Quote Reply
Re: WINDOWS?!?!?! [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI – Linux uses APACHE server, so called due to the fact that it is a very patchy server. Before it was completely open source, a new patch had to be issued too frequently. I am a running an extremely successful commercial website which has the following infrastructure:

2 Linux server controlling the initial gateway and load balancing.

3 Windows 2000 web server that run the website as a second layer.

1 UNIX server for SOAP web services to interact with suppliers at real time.

2 Windows 2000 Servers running SQL Server 2000.

I already had 4 major failures (in 8 months) due to problems with the Linux servers. I never had any issues with the Windows 2000 servers. However, it seems quiet stupid to use CGI on an Internet Information Server (i.e. WIN2K) instead of multi-threaded asp or aspx pages. CGI in this context means that a new instance of some back end application is running for each user, this is beyond the capacities of a Windows box, no wonder it crashes.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply