Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.)
Quote | Reply
when i go shopping for tires i see:

backcountry/competitive cyclist
bikeinn
bike tires direct
the bikesmiths

PBK is going out of business. chain wiggle seems no longer to be a deal? where are you getting your tires?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazon and slow twitch classified (bought a lot of new mountain and road tires from classified - must be from hoarders who eventually realize they will never used all their tires).

Andrew Inkpen
Last edited by: AndrewPhx: Aug 28, 23 15:27
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewPhx wrote:
Amazon and slow twitch classified (bought a lot of new mountain and road tires from classified - must be from hoarders who eventually realize they will never used all their tires).

+2

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought GP5000s on Amazon for around 30% less than my local shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eBay and Amazon

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

1) backcountry/competitive cyclist
bikeinn
3) bike tires direct
the bikesmiths

PBK is going out of business. chain wiggle seems no longer to be a deal? where are you getting your tires?

1) bike tires direct - great deals when I was in the market and great service
2) bike closet - solid communication when items were backordered
3) backcountry/cc mostly for other things but solid service (gear heads 😀) overall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides the usual places, as an American sometimes I purchase tires from bike24.de when they don’t yet have them available in the US. For example, no US distributor was going to have the new 35mm GP5000 All-Season TR available until end of August. I purchased them from Bike24 back in July.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wherever is the cheapest I can find what I want. I got deals from Merlin Cycles in the past, Chain Reaction Cycle too. Ebay for specific finds. My LBS if I need to pay retail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LBS, either what they have in stock or they will order if necessary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for biketiresdirect.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike Tires Direct
Amazon
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hands down ebay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Merlin UK shipped to Canada.
For GP 5000, their price - $49 Cad
My LBS price in Canada - $114 Cad
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Aug 28, 23 20:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

backcountry/competitive cyclist
bikeinn
bike tires direct
the bikesmiths

all yours plus

Excelsports (best deal on Vittorias at times)
MerlinCycles (always have the European Pro stuff first, was getting 26mm Vittoria Corsa Tubulars from them)
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [toddstr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bike24.com in Germany
I've been buying from them for years.
By far the best price on German tires anywhere. Continental and Schwalbe

20 euros for shipping, I normally buy 6 to 10 tires at a time.
No VAT
I have my order normally within 10 business days. Sometimes a little more or less.

They even have 650C Schwalbe tires.
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [nanban_ronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nanban_ronin wrote:
I just bought GP5000s on Amazon for around 30% less than my local shop.

anywhere is usually 30-60% cheaper than local shops...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually go on Google shopping search and look for the lowest price. Usually I also manually check a few additional sites (such as amazon, bike24, bikeinn) if they don't appear on my Google search.
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local bike shop, and I have them mount them tubeless with sealant for me as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LBS and Amazon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
biketiresdirect 90% of the time..

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: WHERE do you buy your bike tires? (Now that I know WHAT you buy.) [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spocket wrote:
biketiresdirect 90% of the time..

Same…BTD. They generally have what I want, good prices, good service and I’m a sucker for rewards points…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biketiresdirect
Backcountry / Steep & Cheap
Jenson
Chain Reaction Cycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Backcountry
Bike Closet
Bike smiths via Ebay
Excel Sports
Tree Fort Bikes

The trend here is LBSs that sell via the internet, often below prices seen in my local LBS.

I tend to avoid Amazon as the prevalence of junk products and rumors of counterfeit products has exploded in recent years. Amazon has also been said to comingled product in warehouses from different vendors if it's the same product, which make it impossible to ensure your product is genuine, even if you order from a reputable "store".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ebay
Quote Reply

Prev Next