Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint
Quote | Reply
You know...these ignorant fools who have no clue what life is actually about need to quit spouting their foolish dogmatic views on life, liberty and politics. Jeesh....makes me sick. These "stars" need to STFU!

Thank you.

(steps off of the soap box)....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With you all the way dude. I have to keep a finger on the remote at all times 'cause I get completely embarrassed for so many of these idiots.

Shut the F up and play some music!!
Quote Reply
Whos dogmatic views? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"these ignorant fools who have no clue what life is actually about need to quit spouting their foolish dogmatic views on life, liberty and politics"

Am I the only person here that sees a perverse irony here?

Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Whos dogmatic views? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope. they have as much right to express their opinion, as we have to express ours. whether it is smart or plain stupid.
Maybe the Grammy was not the place to do it (however this is debatable...if you want to be heard,then speak up where you know people will be there to listen to you), but they have as much right to explain their political or whatever opinion at the Grammys as we have to express ours on a triathlon forum. whether we like it or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Whos dogmatic views? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois, I agree 100% with you. Whether or not Andrewmc thinks it is "OK" for these pampered rock stars to use the Grammys as their mouthpiece for political opinions is best answered with the noteworthy fact that Grammy organizers specifically asked all who were to appear on stage to SPECIFICALLY avoid political remarks. In this country if you are a celebrity then it is wrongly assumed you are worthy of an opinion on politics; meanwhile our true scholars of social thought toil in relative obscurity in universities, thinktanks, etc. Fred Durst can't even speak English well; I think he offered up one word that you couldn't sneak past your grandmother at a Scrabble board. I'm reminded as I write this of the "celebrity" reaction to 9/11 and how "they" were personally dealing with what happened and that being a major focus of our US media.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree but this kind of thing has been going on forever. Intelligent people usually listen to experts in various fields rather than "stars"and their opinions, but unfortunately some people will take pop star opinions seriously.

As for the Grammy's, I only watched them for awhile. Some rap musicians came on(hate that stuff) and I switched channels. Became too involved in other programming and never switched back to the Grammy's.

Record9ti, whats going on here. You've slammed me as a liberal and I've done the same to some of your conservative views, but on a few posts we're in agreement. What goes around comes around?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I can't figure out is why anyone would waste a perfectly good evening watching garbage TV like the Grammys. Or the Oscars or Emmys.
Quote Reply
Re: WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not exactly the point of the discussion to ask why we were watching but how about because I like music for openers. What were you doing at 10 PM, pushups??
Quote Reply
Re: WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 pm, let's see. I was getting ready to go to bed.

I can understand liking music, but I would think there are far better ways to hear good music than watching the Grammys. I've yet to get a CD from anyone who puts a political announcement on it either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amen

industry backslapping shows are pathetic, heck make that TV in general for that matter!

Oh and at 10pm my wife and I were listening to Jazz while sipping some wine in front of the fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Tom Demerly [ In reply to ]
Re: Christina Aguliera [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget about Christina's belly... did you see Faith Hill's legs!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Christina Aguliera [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy, not sure if it is politically correct to talk about Faith Hill's legs....without mentioning the rest anyway :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I can't figure out is why anyone would waste a perfectly good evening watching garbage TV like the Grammys. Or the Oscars or Emmys.

It's not the awards themselves. It's the chance to snark at the truly awful costuming choices made by the alleged celebrities.
Quote Reply
Re: WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides, even with cable or satellite, the only way not to watch anything stupid is to let the TV switched off...
:-)
Quote Reply
Re: WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Besides, even with cable or satellite, the only way not to watch anything stupid is to let the TV switched off..."

There ya go. What a concept! I would much rather read than watch something just to have the TV on. I actually do lots of reading while I'm on the trainer. I have a music stand next to the bike and all I have to do is flip pages every so often.
Quote Reply
Re: WAY WAY off Topic Grammys complaint [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as I can see Christina's tummy I'm good.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Let me clarify for Chip and Francois [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Firstly I dont care what the instructions were at the Grammy's, I dont care if Bette Midler, Bonnie Rait or Fred Durst think we should not go to war or completely level the middle east the ironic part and it is terrible that I have to explain this is............

"these ignorant fools who have no clue what life is actually about need to quit spouting their foolish dogmatic views on life, liberty and politics"

is one person in a public forum complaining about a bunch of other people who's opinion he disagree's with expressing them in another public forum.

Let me take it one step further, not only did the person disagree but went on to call them "ignorant fools" who had "foolish dogmatic views" but calling them "ignorant fools" who have "foolish dogmatic views" is neither foolish nor dogmatic.............I think that this gives him about as much credibility as the illiterate Fred Durst. Nuff said.
Quote Reply
Re: Let me clarify for Chip and Francois [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries Andrew, that's how I had interpreted your post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]You know...these ignorant fools who have no clue what life is actually about need to quit spouting their foolish dogmatic views on life, liberty and politics.

Perhaps you would set up a certain qualifying standard to determine who should be able to speak out. Just because someone has turned a lucky break and a certain amount of talent into a bucket of money does not mean that they have not lived enough life beforehand to know what life is actually about, or that they don't have the right to express an opinion...unlike a certain "ignorant fool" who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, led a sheltered and privileged life, went on to steal the highest office in the land and now is hell bent on sacrificing as many lives as it takes to settle a family score, regardless of what the American people or anyone else thinks about it. And as for Fred Durst's butchering of the English language...just look at tapes of some of the speeches that have come out of the Oval Office during the past couple of years...flame away...
Quote Reply
No Sh*t while Karl Rove might have been [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
able to put him in the office he cant do the talking for him and he is about as articulate as Fred Durst.........but at least he has lived life and worked to get everything, including the white house, that he has ever possessed..........

That was facetiousness, dont want to run in to the same problem as the irony :)
Quote Reply