Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year!
Quote | Reply
Vote now in the United States Sports Academy : Athlete of the Year.
http://www.ussa.edu/...thlete-of-the-year/#

Craig and Chrissy are in elite Company for this Award. Let's put these triathletes on the podium against athletes in other sports.
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. Thanks for the link.

2014: 40k TT focus

Race reports at http://tripikapp.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, Tiger has been in the headlines lately...... It seems as though he's accomplished quite a lot this year!

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Tiger's putter has been "hot" lately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! pretty soon its going to be his wallet!

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [pat.allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your welcome - with ST's support, i think they both have a chance to win this award! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig is a phenomenal athlete... but I don't think he deserves to be top three on that list. Chrissie, on the other hand, is the best of that list IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [RhymeAndReason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the nice thing about this award - you can vote for whoever you feel deserves to win! Both the male and female side have many great athletes. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very true! hope he has enough money.
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [RhymeAndReason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to go for Jimmie. He's the only one that can draft better than Craig and his "ride" is much more aero.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Selections Male Athletes
  1. Craig Alexander
  2. Usain Bolt
  3. Jimmie Johnson
Female Athletes
  1. Chrissie Wellington
  2. Yelena Isinbaeva
  3. Lindsey Vonn

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My seletions Male Athletes:
1. Roger Federer
2. Usain Bolt
3. Craig Alexander

Female Athletes
1. Chrissie Wellington
2. Yelena Isinbaeva
3. Lindsey Vonn

Sorry, I had to go with Federer on the Mens side, he was and is an amazing athlete in his sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good picks - it will be interesting to see how the "olympic" athletes do against the "ball and stick" sports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Tennis is an Olympic Sport last I checked. All of them are amazing though, in there respective sports.

Anthony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  1. Craig Alexander
  2. Usain Bolt
  3. Jimmie Johnson

So a guy who is the finalist in all 4 Grand Slam events, wins 2 including the French to complete his personal Grand Slam, and he isn't in the top 3?

A car driver is ahead of Federer?
Last edited by: FJB: Dec 8, 09 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If any triathlete deserves to be on there it is Brownlee not Alexander.

top 3 would be

Federer
Bolt
Brownlee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe macel is being left out. 2 back to back IM wins on tough courses and then follows that up with top 5 in Hawaii....
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
  1. Craig Alexander
  2. Usain Bolt
  3. Jimmie Johnson

So a guy who is the finalist in all 4 Grand Slam events, wins 2 including the French to complete his personal Grand Slam, and he isn't in the top 3?

A car driver is ahead of Federer?

Federer is definitely my most favorite athlete in the world. In all honesty, I would have put him #1 over Craig. But I think it'd be good to have a triathlete win, so I voted for a triathlete. Lots of people will vote for Federer. Basically, I think the list should be Federer, Bolt, and Johnson, in no particular order. Jimmie Johnson definitely deserves to be on the list. I won't even get into the debate about it being a sport or not; If you disagree, then you've most likely never driven (or even been around) race cars.

I think Federer will win. And if he does - or doesn't - win, I don't think it will impact his career. Same for Bolt and Johnson. So one of those three needed to be left off in order for me to vote for a triathlete. So I voted for a triathlete and left Federer off the list, not because I didn't think he ought to be on there, but because I needed to leave *someone* off.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I can't believe macel is being left out. 2 back to back IM wins on tough courses and then follows that up with top 5 in Hawaii....

If this were a vote among pro triathletes, then yes. But if we are talking about ALL amateur athletics, then it's not.

Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [akjrussell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just goes to show you that the sport world knows about Ironman and does not know about the ITU. Z (I know, triathlon is in the Olympics and all that stuff, but ask anyone in the world what triathlon is and most likely they will say Ironman)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
most people i know who know nothing about triathlons seem to think an ironman is somehow 'different' from a triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Voted thanks.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just goes to show you that the sport world knows about Ironman and does not know about the ITU. Z (I know, triathlon is in the Olympics and all that stuff, but ask anyone in the world what triathlon is and most likely they will say Ironman)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am not so certain what you say is correct. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I would guess that ironman has at least more than twice the followers compared to ITU triathlon. In the USA that difference might be even more, but the USA isn't the world (even though some think it is).

Outside the sporting world I think people don't know much about Ironman. Put 'ironman' in google and the first page up is all about the movie. That also shows how many people are searching for it to a degree.

I think that Chrissie Wellington should be on the womens list. Craig Alexander is amazing, but his performance his hardly best of all sports this year. Brownlee is right up beside Alexander on any list from 2009 for men anyway.
Craig Alexander is getting closer to being on the ironman 'hall of fame' list i would say. Chrissy Wellington already is with her two record time wins this year Kona and Roth(in my view that is the case because they are the 2 biggest races).

G.
www.TriathlonShots.com

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are non-Americans on this list?

Whatever.

My votes:

Men
1) Tiger Woods for his strokes getting it into holes all around the world.

Women
1) Yelena for outstanding performance here:

More... http://olympicgirls.net/yelena-isinbayeva/
Quote Reply
Re: Vote for Crowie and Chrissy to win Athlete of the Year! [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok so I was scrolling through all the posts, and I agree that Federer is by and large the best on that list. That is why I picked him. Then the debate of ITU vs Ironman, well Ironman is better on TV than ITU, IMHO. I think you can market it better. Then I scroll down and my morning just 'perked' up along with the guy sitting beside me in the computer lab. That is an AWESOME picture!!!! Thanks for making my morning great.

~A
Quote Reply

Prev Next