Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vittoria Speed Triathlon Speed vs Corsa G+ tubulars
Quote | Reply
Any input on these 2?

Tried the Speed G+ last season and flatted after a couple miles. Too fragile IMO.

Will be gluing on Stinger 9's and 900 disc for full distance races.

I was to choose the Corsa but felt the Speed triathlon was worth a try...
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Speed Triathlon Speed vs Corsa G+ tubulars [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:
Any input on these 2?

Tried the Speed G+ last season and flatted after a couple miles. Too fragile IMO.

Are you doing Port?
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Speed Triathlon Speed vs Corsa G+ tubulars [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the puncture protection as I've never used either of those tyres, but the Triathlon Speed tyre has a butyl tube while all other Vittoria tubulars use latex...if you're worried about speed I would get a tyre with a latex tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Speed Triathlon Speed vs Corsa G+ tubulars [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:
Any input on these 2?

Did you use sealant?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got the corsa g+ glued to my stinger 5’s for this season. I ran Continental competitions the last two seasons and the Vittorias are a night and day improvement. The ride is downright sublime - makes a huge difference on some of the rougher rural roads around here (North Texas). The ride difference between butyl and latex is real - even super thin butyl like Continental uses in the Competition tires. So far the durability seems on par with the conti’s, but it’s only been a few months. I carry a small container of orange seal, a valve core remover and some co2 as a flat kit. The one time I’ve had to fix a punctured tubular, this combo served me well.

I’m pretty sold on the corsas - I switched my road bike from gp4000’s to the clincher corsa g+ this year too.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Speed Triathlon Speed vs Corsa G+ tubulars [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Had a sidewall cut.

zedzded wrote:
Hoodoo wrote:
Any input on these 2?

Did you use sealant?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoodoo wrote:

I'm not sure how many people outside of Vittoria could say with 100% certainty. The short version of my guess is that the Corsa and Speed Triathlon appear are nearly the same except the Corsa has a latex tube and the Speed Triathlon has a butyl tube.

The Speed Triathlon appears similar to the tires you flatted on, except butyl inner tubes and the website hints at increased protection with a different casing than the original Corsa Speed. I don't understand why they made it. Butyl tubes slow it down and it is either fragile or the same rubber as the Corsa. It seems it was created so somebody could pump up their tires the day before their race and not have to worry about PSI for their event.

The Corsa tubular (I don't think they call it Corsa G anymore) definitely has more puncture protection and tests about 3 watts per tire slower than the Corsa Speed at the pressures people are realistically riding. It also has a latex tube. It's really hard to guess if it's more puncture resistant than the Speed Triathlon, but I would think so. A "Speed" with a butyl tube only becomes one watt faster than a Corsa, but Vittoria seems to be saying they are using a stronger casing for the Triathlon Speed. That probably knocks it down a couple more watts and makes the Corsa a better choice. They are probably very similar tires with the inner tube being the main difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Vittoria Speed Triathlon Speed vs Corsa G+ tubulars [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
Hoodoo wrote:

I'm not sure how many people outside of Vittoria could say with 100% certainty. The short version of my guess is that the Corsa and Speed Triathlon appear are nearly the same except the Corsa has a latex tube and the Speed Triathlon has a butyl tube.

The Speed Triathlon appears similar to the tires you flatted on, except butyl inner tubes and the website hints at increased protection with a different casing than the original Corsa Speed. I don't understand why they made it. Butyl tubes slow it down and it is either fragile or the same rubber as the Corsa. It seems it was created so somebody could pump up their tires the day before their race and not have to worry about PSI for their event.

The Corsa tubular (I don't think they call it Corsa G anymore) definitely has more puncture protection and tests about 3 watts per tire slower than the Corsa Speed at the pressures people are realistically riding. It also has a latex tube. It's really hard to guess if it's more puncture resistant than the Speed Triathlon, but I would think so. A "Speed" with a butyl tube only becomes one watt faster than a Corsa, but Vittoria seems to be saying they are using a stronger casing for the Triathlon Speed. That probably knocks it down a couple more watts and makes the Corsa a better choice. They are probably very similar tires with the inner tube being the main difference.

Thanks for the info mate. It was me that suggested Speed Triathlon's as an option in a different thread. Didn't realise they had butyl tubes.

Hoodoo I raced Busselton 70.3 on Sunday in terrible conditions, storms, wet and very windy. Roads were covered in debris that was unavoidable, but tyres held up. Plenty of people got flats. I'm going to continue with the Corsa Speeds (with sealant).
Quote Reply