Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Metron Crankset
Quote | Reply
How many people out there are running it? How do you like it?

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/metron-crankset-4421
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Metron Crankset [aaburov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the previous generation. They were/are nice. Only downside was that they were a bit heavy and you had to be careful with the interface between the spindle and the non-drive crankarm. If the retaining bolt worked itself a little loose you could wallow out the carbon in the crankarm. I am not using them now because I switched to a Speed Concept and it has that stupid BB90 bottom bracket.

Outside of Zipp's testing of their old aero cranks I haven't seen anyone really testing cranks for aero gains. I have no idea how much of a savings there might be, but regular cranks certainly aren't aero and I saw enough of a savings by removing my front derailleur think cranks are probably worth 2-4 watts minimum.

One suggestions would be to watch places like eBay. Lots of people were selling these in OEM packages for a fraction of the retain cost. I think I paid like $250
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaburov wrote:
How do you like it?
I know I like the way it looks.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Metron Crankset [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have em. Love them, but also changed from my old 175 to a 165.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Metron Crankset [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vision website doesn't have much information on the specifications.

What is the thru-axle size?
Is it compatible with any of the Ceramicspeed bottom brackets?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaburov wrote:
Vision website doesn't have much information on the specifications.

What is the thru-axle size?
Is it compatible with any of the Ceramicspeed bottom brackets?

Hi there Aaburov,

The spindle style on the Metron carbon crankset is a 386evo. So, the spindle diameter is 30mm, and the length is wide enough to fit all major BB styles: BB30/PF30, BB86, Threaded, etc. All of our modern cranksets follow this "one-for-all" 386evo spindle style to insure the most compatibility throughout shell standards.

While we have found some aftermarket bottom brackets to be compatible with Vision cranks, we cannot recommend or advise 100% compatibility to any bottom bracket but a genuine FSA.
Quote Reply