Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Basebar mod ?
Quote | Reply
I wanted to get the pads of my visiontech basebar moved back, so I am going to try riding tomorrow with the armrest turned backward and bolted on in only one hole on the opposite armrest (the reason I didn't just move it back was that I found by flipping sides I got a compromise in distance backwards) They seem fairly stable and have minimal movement. Just wondering if there are any major concerns with having the armrest attached with one bolt instead of two?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Basebar mod ? [TriMil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my new VT base bars they instruction you to flip the armrest around to move you position fore and aft as you descirbed. http://www.fullspeedahead.com/downloads/TS-VT-006.pdf

Regards,,
mike

Regards,

Mike
Houston, Texas
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Basebar mod ? [TriMil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very likely it will rotate at some point,when it does it will rotate and loosen the one bolt holding it
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Basebar mod ? [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best way to move the armrest plates back is to use a smaller stem. I would never just use one bolt, as this will not support you properly.

Check to see that you are not too low. If you are too low, then you will be trying to choke up on the aerobar extensions to bring your back up higher, and then the armrest pads will hit you too far forward on the forearms. You also don't want the pads so far back you will be hitting your knees on the back of the plates when climbing. Use the stack spacers that come with the bars, or use the C-Spacer to get your back higher and more comfortable.

I found on the web site a lot of Information, when I hit the "Why Vision" section, and the FAQ section.
Quote Reply