Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by MikeM126
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [MikeM126] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that most activity trackers (fitbit etc) does this. My Polar V800 does a silen/vibration only alarm. Dig around amongst those products and you should find something.
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to add, I have a Garmin 735XT.... However, I couldn't find the alarm option on it!

(The vibrate is pretty weak for notifications, but i can try it)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck in your hunt, but based on the latest info, yes, it is definitely not good to put your phone under your pillow all night ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to try the Garmin Alarm... I'm dumb

*Like I said in original post.. Lack of sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am usually a heavy sleeper and used to have the Lark vibrating wrist band - loved it as it had to be turned off on the iPhone which I put on the other side of the room to force me out of bed on time. It unfortunately was discontinued / app not updated.

I went on the hunt and found most activity trackers etc are too weak and also can be turned off at the source (which I will do in a haze only to wake up later not recalling it even going off!). I now use my Garmin 735 with several alarms set 1 minute apart. As a back-up I use Alarmy (iOS) on vibrate which forces me out of bed to take a picture to turn it off (appropriately of my espresso machine in the kitchen lol). Most of the time I am up and about thanks to the 735 before Alarmy goes off and I just cancel it but it’s nice to have just in case.

This system gets me out of bed reliably and (most importantly) without waking my wife who wakes about 90 minutes later than me (and our 2.5 year old who often ends up in our bed).
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [pqn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the alarm clock function on the Garmin Fenix, set to vibrate.

Otherwise I risk waking the beast when I get up earlier than she does...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can think of some better options, but this is a PG-rated forum... ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [gahddenbooi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1, I set 2 alarms, 4 minutes apart. Otherwise I'll sleep through just one. 5:10 will vibrate at 5:10, 5:15, 5:20, while 5:14 goes off at 14, 19, etc. If you can't tell, I'm lacking motivation at the moment.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [gahddenbooi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fenix alarm on vibrate works for me too.
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [AdamML] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not vibrating, but I purchased one of the Phillips sunrise simulator alarm clocks. It usually wakes me up 10-15 minutes before my alarm goes off. The light doesn’t bother my spouse either.

Again, not vibrating but thought I’d throw it out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the only reason I still have a fitbit. Wear my smart watch at work. Each night, take of smart watch, put on charger, put on fitbit, go to sleep. The vibration is really the best way to wake up and doesn't disturb the wife. I am a heavy sleeper, so alarm typically turned up to 11. :) Vibration keeps everyone happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got this for my daughter at college. She has always had an issue waking up. I guess not with this. She said she just uses the vibrate, but if she turns the volume up they can hear it at the other end of her dorm.

https://www.amazon.com/...ge?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I can think of some better options, but this is a PG-rated forum... ;-)

But you risk waking the mrs if you do that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a fitbit flex, but I would say 1/10 times either I sleep through it, or it does not go off. I get up at the buttcrack of dawn most days to Zwift so I use it mostly for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Vibrating Alarm Clock Options? [pqn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pqn wrote:
I As a back-up I use Alarmy (iOS) on vibrate which forces me out of bed to take a picture to turn it off (appropriately of my espresso machine in the kitchen lol). .

Alarmy sounds like a great option for me. Thanks for mentioning it!
Quote Reply