Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great way to live the body
Happy for Steve

Hare Krishna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So very sorry. It's all been said already. He seemed like a great guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [gimmefive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as a colleague of mine said at the funeral of his 3 month old son, a person is measured by the number of people he touches and hearts that he opened. it is clear from these comments that steve touched and inspired many.
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [mnm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Terrible news. So very, very sad. Deepest sympathies to the family.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was running this morning and the IPod was shuffling through my play list. Shortly after I turned into a stiff NE wind this song played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vf2Gah9A3A

This song really hit home today. As I thought about Steve's death and what his family & friends must be going through I noticed that the wind was blowing the tears off my face.
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what we could do as a preventive measure since being fit is simply not enough to identify/prevent/remedy this. Any ideas??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG - been away from ST for a while and just read this.

Devastating news.

God SPEED SL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like most, I was in complete disbelief when I heard the news. Here is a guy that did everything right and his life was cut short. I suspect he made up for it by living life fuller than most. It reminds me to not take things for granted and to cherish the things I have. RIP Steve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late in posting where I've been away for a few days, very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just returned from 10 days in Italy, and trying to stay internet free, and saw the article on Velonews. I am just shocked and saddened to hear the news.

My condolences to the Larsen family, and all my friends in Bend who trained with, knew, and cared about Steve.

Sue in Boise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my thoughts and prayers are with everyone that Steve has influenced in his life..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How utterly sad. My heartfelt condolences to his friends and family, especially to his kids.

Getting news about Steve and his latest accomplishments was always a pleasure and an inspiration to me.

He left a remarkable legacy.
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 This was in my email today. I thought it fit.
clm

Dr. Samuel Johnson once observed, “When grief is fresh, every attempt to divert it only irritates.” Whenever we learn someone is grieving the loss of a loved one, the temptation is to rush in, offer comforting words, and then try and divert another’s angst, as if this will somehow help. It probably does help the one reaching out, though often words alone may do little to assuage another’s sorrow. Not that words of comfort are unimportant but maybe it’s simply awareness that you care that carries greater import. A parishioner once told me that when his father died, his minister came to visit, sitting with him for an extended period before leaving without saying a word. “It was,” said the congregant, “among the most meaningful acts of ministry displayed during my grieving.” One of my three brothers recently died and while much comfort was received from the words of many, I can relate to one whose wise clergyperson came and simply sat. Sometimes our mere presence most eloquently states: someone cares. This, however expressed, is among the best gifts we can give those who mourn.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next