Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A life taken too soon.

My sincere condolences to his wife and children.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very Sad. I am reminded of this from A.E. Housman:

A. E. Housman To An Athlete Dying Young

THE time you won your town the race [/url]We chaired you through the market-place; [/url]Man and boy stood cheering by, [/url]And home we brought you shoulder-high. [/url]To-day, the road all runners come, 5[/url] Shoulder-high we bring you home, [/url]And set you at your threshold down, [/url]Townsman of a stiller town. [/url]Smart lad, to slip betimes away [/url]From fields where glory does not stay, 10[/url] And early though the laurel grows [/url]It withers quicker than the rose. [/url]Eyes the shady night has shut [/url]Cannot see the record cut, [/url]And silence sounds no worse than cheers 15[/url] After earth has stopped the ears: [/url]Now you will not swell the rout [/url]Of lads that wore their honours out, [/url]Runners whom renown outran [/url]And the name died before the man. 20[/url] So set, before its echoes fade, [/url]The fleet foot on the sill of shade, [/url]And hold to the low lintel up [/url]The still-defended challenge-cup. [/url]And round that early-laurelled head 25[/url] Will flock to gaze the strengthless dead, [/url]And find unwithered on its curls [/url]The garland briefer than a girl's.

Godspeed Steve, My prayers to Carrie and the kids
Last edited by: Robert@Newton: May 21, 09 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very very sad, tragic news. :-( Why is it always the good ones who are taken too soon? My thoughts are with his family tonight.....

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very Very sad. Seemed like a great guy. Cycling and multisport has just lost a great friend and mentor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. This is horrible news. My thoughts go out to his wife, his children, and all of his friends.

This is very sad thing indeed...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked! I hope his family finds peace after this terrible episode and strength to recover from it. And I send to them my regrets and my support,

G.M.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Every morning a gazelle wakes up knowing, it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...
Every morning a lion wakes up knowing it must outwit and outrun (at least) the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death...
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better start running.
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [madracus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I traded emails with him a week ago after purchasing some items from his website. He was very kind. Shared his thoughts on the Auburn tri course.

Live life.

Albert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was shocked this morning when I read this news....very sad.

Unfortunately, he is amoung many elite athletes who suffer early death due to some heart issue. I have personally known four elite swimmers who died due to some ventricular hypertrophy related issue.........with Larsen's death it hits home again.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a father, employee, business owner and triathlete Steve was a true "Hero" and Role model for me. He was one of the first names I would look for in the results when i knew he was racing and I was always rooting for him to have another day like he had in Placid....

Deep Condolences to his wife and kids. He will be sadly missed by many...

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was shocked this morning when I read this news....very sad.

Unfortunately, he is amoung many elite athletes who suffer early death due to some heart issue. I have personally known four elite swimmers who died due to some ventricular hypertrophy related issue.........with Larsen's death it hits home again.
velonews had article saying autopsy showed it was not heart related he had some breathing problems earlier no sign of heart attack or clot could have been viral or related to allergies.

http://velonews.com/...ie-of-a-heart-attack
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [oc3ram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading that reminded me of another recent incident, Ryan Shea. He died of a sudden cardiac event during the Olympic marathon trials. I believe it is still a mystery. The Jim Fixx incident woke a lot of us up to the power of genetics and the limitations of exercise as regards prevention. Brian Keast can attest that this has not changed over the years.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The worst news. It is always hard to believe when these things come from 'the blue'.

Heard many great things about Steve as an athlete over the years.

Wishing all his family extra 'strength' at this time.

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Last edited by: triathlonshots: May 21, 09 6:38
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [gimmefive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry for you and your kids. I'm speechless.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Steve Larsen memories" Huh! A new book???? Then I saw this thread above it!!!! Just terrible.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He inspired a lot us, mainly through the priorities he had, but also the talent he had.

You all have a lot to be proud of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ive just heard about this and I feel for his kids.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So hard to put words to such trajedy and loss...

An indescribable void left by someone I didn't personally meet but respected on many fronts - his athletic accomplishments and dedication to the sport, his devotion to family, his method of training, broken into small pieces to fit into a busy life, and his approachable and humble demeanor on this forum. Truly someone to emulate.

To gimmefive and each of the five he gave you, I wish you peace, comfort, and courage.

Coach at KonaCoach Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terribly sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. He certainly sounded like a great guy, father, and friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve was a hero of our sport. He will be sorely missed. My thoughts and condolences to the family, my wife and I are both very saddened to hear this.

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just found out about this very very sad news.

my condolescense to the family/ friends and anyone who was a fan

very sad

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing his awesome smile in all these photos makes me even more sad. We know he is in a better place, but he'll be terribly missed here.
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here is a link to the fund for his family:

http://www.worldtri.com/...rsenmemorialfund.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Very sad news about Steve Larsen [Rob99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Others ways to Contribute Celebrate his Life: Steve's Memorial Service is Saturday, May 23rd at 1 pm at Les Schwab Amphitheater. Many people are planning to meet at Drake park at 12:30 and run or bike to the service. Contribute to the Steve Larsen Memorial Fund that will go to the Larsen family. This fund is set up at Umpqua Bank. You can drop a check off at any Umpqua bank branch, at Fleet Feet Bend or at Footzone or you can mail a check to:

Steve Larsen Memorial Fund
Umpqua Bank
390 SW Century Drive Suite 100
Bend OR 97702
Hopefully, you will also be able to contribute online in a few days if you check this site: http://www.rememberstevelarsen.com/ Or, if you prefer, Katie Caba is kindly organizing dinners for the family. You can donate money that will be used to purchase gift cards at dinner places for the family. (Also by dropping off a check at Fleet Feet or Footzone.) If you want to donate a home-cooked dinner, contact us and we can put you in touch with the right people. Finally, next Friday afternoon (May 29th) at 4:30pm there is an exhibition steeplechase, the only non-high school event open to the public, being held at Summit High School as part of the Oregon Elite Championship Meet. They are asking for a $5 minimum donation as a fundraiser for the family of Steve Larsen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked and speechless. What a terrible loss! My condolences to the Larsen family.

David
Quote Reply

Prev Next