Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ventum NS1 Feedback
Quote | Reply
I did a search and didn't see a lot of recent threads discussing the NS1. Anyone have experience with either the older version or the updated version? I'm considering one and looking for feedback. I'm also considering an Aeroad, but leaning towards the NS1. I live in Tennessee (U.S.), so mostly just rolling hills with some short, steep stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum NS1 Feedback [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can honestly say it is a GREAT bike. Worth the money. Now with that said. Bikes are ALL about Fit

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Ventum NS1 Feedback [Ewynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen a lot of discussions on the importance of stack/reach in terms of a Tri/TT bike, but not on a road bike. I'll say based on the dozen or so road bikes I've owned over my life, I've never had a fit issue that couldn't be solved by different bar/stems. But I also may not have known what a bad fitting frame felt like. Is there anything specific I need to be looking for with sizing on the NS1 (their road bike)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been riding my NS1 for 4 years and can honestly say it’s the best bike I’ve ever ridden. And that list includes Pinarello F8/10, Colnago C59, various other high end bikes

The NS1 handles extremely well, climbs well (or at least as well as I can), no flex (I used to be a sprinter so this is important to me) yet doesn’t beat you up

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum NS1 Feedback [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. That’s encouraging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, have around a month in on it and absolutely love it. Road the new S5 most of last year, wanted a Tarmac SL7, but went with the new NS1 and it's just as comfortable, stiff and seemingly as fast as the Cervelo, but the complete built, was basically the cost of those frame-sets :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum NS1 Feedback [devinci_rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a sweet looking bike! That's the colorway I'm wanting too. Glad you're liking it! How's it feel compared to the S5 from an aero perspective? I know it's hard to tell just by feel, but are you getting the ride impression that you're giving anything up from an aero perspective on the NS1 compared to the S5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to tell exact aero advantages/disadvantages, but guessing mostly a non-issue, as I spend so little time at high speeds on my own. I’m guessing switching to an aero road “race suit” and socks, has given me a larger advantage than the frames themselves, lol. Also much prefer the snap of the shallower rims (303s), compared to the Reserve 52/63, but again, personal preference. Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum NS1 Feedback [devinci_rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does help - thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the older version frameset is only $1,100. that’s pretty compelling….
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum NS1 Feedback [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where'd you find the old version for sale?

Edit: Nevermind - I should have searched their site more thoroughly before asking. Found it.
Last edited by: ttusomeone: Jul 25, 23 16:30
Quote Reply