Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Velomax Circuit/P3 problem?
Quote | Reply
hi folks,
I have a older (2003) P3 and I've used a set of FIR semi-aero training wheels 95% of the time. Zipp 404/909 for race wheels last year.

The FIR's were getting a little long in the tooth so I decided to buy a set of new Velomax Circuits (II) last fall.

I've been off the P3 since spring but this weekend I decided to pop on the new training wheels and take a shake-down ride.

When I installed the rear in the dropouts and gave the wheel a spin, it spun for only a few seconds. I could hear a light metallic/grinding noise as the wheel spun down.

At first, I thought I had the wheel inserted too far into the dropouts and the tire may have been brushing the P3 cutout ... but that wasn't the case. Eventually, I loosened the skewer to where it was barely holding the wheel and repeated the spin. This time the wheel spun freely w/o any sound.

It appears that when I tighten the skewer down (and the P3 needs a darned tight skewer for an 85kg bloke), that the rear wheel hub/axle/bearing? is deformed enough to cause considerable hub friction.

This is the same wheel that came stock on the P3/SL last year so I can't see any generic issue. Anyone run into this or have suggestions?

thanks in advance,
rtm
Quote Reply
Re: Velomax Circuit/P3 problem? [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironically the hub on my front circuit wheel died this weekend (i got the bike with them last year). One minute I was cruising along...the next the minute it's making god awful sounds and hitting both sides of my fork. I can actually move the hub on the right side of the wheel. It looks like the conical shaped part that comes off the hub (next to the part that attaches to the fork) caved in a bit. no idea how.

Hopefully it will be covered under warrantee...but I have my doubts.
Quote Reply
Re: Velomax Circuit/P3 problem? [reblAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't had any problems so far with Circuits on my P3. Normal quick release action and I don't have to use kung-fu grip to get them on right. Spin free and smooth. I think they are great wheels.

Keith
Quote Reply
Re: Velomax Circuit/P3 problem? [The Nome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any wrenches out there with some advice??

tia,
rmur
Quote Reply