Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vasa trainer
Quote | Reply
Anybody have one and what are their views on it ?

I am of reasonable muscularity for a triathlete and as I unfortunately know (but obviously cannot learn), how to use my present strength in conjunction with proper TECHNIQUE. Was wondering if the Vasa would help ?

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Re: Vasa trainer [canuck8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gordo has some info about it in his tips section.

http://www.byrn.org/gtips/vasaFAQ.htm

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Vasa trainer [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Hid !

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our club bought one, and I think it's pretty good for developing proper technique and stroke specific strength. I used to be a good swimmer, and have good technique, but I can't do it for long without a whole bunch of funny little muscles in the backs of my shoulders tiring quickly. Thumbs up.

Deke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good workout, but really boring! 10 minutes on the VASA is worse than a 90 minute roller ride. As such, Cerveloguy was the last proud owner of my VASA, have no idea if he still has it.

Rocketboy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get the same benefits of the Vasa by doing swim-specific work with those rubber 'exer-tubes'. Michael Lovato had a nice little write-up in a recent tri mag (IT or Triathlete...I don't remember which) on a suggested tubing workout. I just started doing the tubing work and I can tell ya' that I've been sore for a couple days...must be good for you, right? The only caveat is that you have to maintain proper form during rep's or you're just wasting time...of course, that's true with the Vasa as well.
Quote Reply