Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vanishing Computrainer Challenge?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Computrainer Challenge is still active?

I went to http://www.nextideas.ca/ct/default.asp

and all I am getting is a blank page.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanishing Computrainer Challenge? [xbaytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blank here as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason over the past couple of weeks the courses haven't been updated nearly as promptly as before. It's a shame 'cause I was really enjoying myself with them. I've seen a reasonable gain in my threshold power and want to keep it up!

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Vanishing Computrainer Challenge? [redtdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's back! Hooray!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think part of the problem is that it is just one Infinit employee doing all the work. She seems to do her best but I imagine it is just one of many responsibilities and nobody else seems to be helping her post the info. Hopefully the big bosses at Infinit will see that it is important to all of us and that all of us buy their product so posting the courses and running the program well does benefit them in the long run.
Quote Reply
Re: Vanishing Computrainer Challenge? [mdd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused. The new rides that are posted say "Zone 2" rides on the title bar and "Zone 3" in the body. Does anyone know which they really are?

Thanks,
Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is they didn't update the header. I think the ride description (Zone 3) is what was intended. It looks like we are going to escape any Epic rides. I don't see any upcoming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it is back on the fritz. Just completed this weeks assignment and when trying to upload results got this

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at nextideasinc.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just enter your results but do not try to upload your race file and then it will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks but you shouldn't have told me, I just took over the leaderboard :-)) only till Redtdi or Midlock get around to stomping me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is gone for good. I haven't been able to retrieve anything on website. Anyone know of or use a comparable training competition that doesn't require leaving the house?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This isn't a competition, but if you want something to make a trainer more fun to ride try ergvideos! They have taken my enjoyment of indoor training (which didn't exist) to a new level, they're a ton of fun!

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which one is your favorite?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for a "long ride" then the 4 man time trial is a ton of fun. You end up shouting at your "team" to go faster near the end of the ride.

I dislike the endurance intervals...probably because they do the most good and feel like torture while I'm on the bike;-)

The anarobic intervals are really fun because they require big power but only last a "few" seconds, but there are a ton of reps when done right.

I also have MAP Intervals and the Muskoka Tri. They are fun also. I typically do a Muskoka Tri or 4 man TT for my "long ride" on Saturday then rotate through the various intervals during the week.

Ken

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also the next one I get will be the Triathlete Hilly Hammerfest, so I can ride with some Slowtwitch regulars!

Ken

Quote Reply