Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used Carbon Wheels
Quote | Reply
Want to upgrade from my stock manufacturer wheels (Felt IA 16). Trying to be wise in how I spend my $'s... are used carbon wheels a viable/smart option? What should I Iook for?
Do you have a different opinion if they are being sold used from your local bike/ trip shop?
Quote Reply
Re: Used Carbon Wheels [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If cost is a concern, and this is meant for tri/TT only, then just get a disc cover and a HED JET front wheel. Used front if you want to go cheaper. Spend the rest on beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased used wheels off the slowtwitch classifieds and they've been great. I asked for some additional pictures but that's about it. Obviously if something is too good to be true be a little suspicious. Paid with PayPal so had some protection but wasn't too concerned.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of good experiences on ST Classifieds buying carbon wheels. If you are concerned (or want better braking), go for HED, FLO, etc. that are an aluminum rim with a carbon fairing.

There is a certain cohort here that needs the latest/greatest, so they sell off the last generation. Plus side is these are the same folks who typically treat their equipment well.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try to find carbon wheels that were very lightly used and check for cracks.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Quote Reply