Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Use Aerohead without eye shield
Quote | Reply
Does anyone race/test Giro Aerohead without using the eye shield?
I get a headache after couple of hours 'imprisonment'.
I am wondering if how much I lose using my regular sunglasses.
Quote Reply
Re: Use Aerohead without eye shield [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Test it and see!
Victor Campenaerts tested faster with no visor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uva0224 wrote:
Does anyone race/test Giro Aerohead without using the eye shield?
I get a headache after couple of hours 'imprisonment'.
I am wondering if how much I lose using my regular sunglasses.

I tested it way back in the day. The visor made a very large difference on me. Something like 10 watts IIRC if I didn't use it.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Use Aerohead without eye shield [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I tested it way back in the day. The visor made a very large difference on me. Something like 10 watts IIRC if I didn't use it.

Positive or negative?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the obvious caveat that helmet aerodynamics are very individual, The rule of thumb I've heard is that without the visor the aerohead is roughly equal to the best aero road helmets (ex. Evade).

The aerohead (similar to a lot of new aero helmets like the new Lazers ) relies on the visor to provide ear coverage.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Use Aerohead without eye shield [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Related topic: anybody have any new best practices re preventing fogging on that visor? I know some like RainX
Quote Reply
Re: Use Aerohead without eye shield [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Related topic: anybody have any new best practices re preventing fogging on that visor? I know some like RainX

I used to use the Fog City version of this in my motorcycle roadracing days. They were the original & great. These effectively create a dual pane lens, trapping air between to reduce/elimintae fogging. I haven't had to use on on my Aerohead, but the Fog City or this will be my first go to...

Amazon.com: Progrip Light-Sensitive No-Fog Helmet Shield Insert (Clear) : Automotive
Quote Reply
Re: Use Aerohead without eye shield [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:

Just use the antifog spray from your swim goggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tested it as ~0W at 0 yaw and a few watts at yaw. I do not wear it for fulls ever or hot halfs.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply