Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Usain Bolt **SPOILER [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a point...the treatment of Team USA basketball wasn't very good to say the least.
However, you lose your point for spelling :P

I really think the 'attitude' shown by Bolt was several levels lower than what we've been used to, from Maurice Greene and co.
Now it's still up a few notches compared to guys like Colin Jackson, Allen, on hurdles.
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt **SPOILER [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really think the 'attitude' shown by Bolt was several levels lower than what we've been used to, from Maurice Greene and co.

Well, yeah, but if Maurice Greene is the standard for sportsmanlike behavior at the Olympics, they should just bag the whole thing.

I'm certainly not saying that Bolt's showboating is the worst that's ever happened. And it doesn't make his speed any less impressive in itself. But I do think it was unsportsmanlike and not worthy of the Olympic Games.

Honestly, I think it stood out this year because it is the first such display that's occured. I have been impressed with the class shown by just about every other athlete I've seen, whether they've won or lost. (Well, alright, I thought our guy was a little whiny in the team saber gold medal match with France.)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I'm so used to the whole 'sprinter attitude' before a 100m that I thought Bolt was cool...By Greene standards, he seemed Samprasesque ;-)

As for sportsmanlike attitude, you must have missed wrestling and the dude tossing his bronze medal on the floor...
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an email from friends who who paid a fortune to fly to china, hotels, transportation, food and so on. They said that they where really upset with Usains performance and so where most other people in their section!.

They said "when we fly across the world to watch athletes, we want to watch them at their best. Higher, stronger, faster,......we wanted to see people at their best and trying their hardest. We did not come here to see people just do enough to win. We wanted to see just fast the best human beings are!"

I 100% agree. People didnt spend a small fortune and take holidays to watch people celebrate 20 meters before the finish. They want to see the athletes at their best. Not show boating.

I'm glad I didnt fly across the world with my friends to see this 75% performance!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [Tri ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I wasn't bragging. When I saw I wasn't covered, I was just happy." -- Usain Bolt in response to claims that he boasted at the final 20m
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As for sportsmanlike attitude, you must have missed wrestling and the dude tossing his bronze medal on the floor...

lol. I forgot about him- I read about it, but didn't see it. I did think it was pretty funny (in a sad sort of way) that they stripped his medal.

Ara Abrahamian: "This sucks, I quit!"

IOC: "You can't quit, you're FIRED!"

Also, is Abrahamian a Swedish name . . . ?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Well Bolt is HIGHER than the rest of the field.He is probrably STRONGER then the rest of the field and he most certainly FASTER than anyone else so what is the problem?Tell your friends to stop bitching and thank the lord that there were there to watch the greatest 100 meter race in history.Usain Bolt is not responsible for how much fun your friends have on their little holiday in Beijing.

Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Aug 17, 08 18:20
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [NTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"I wasn't bragging. When I saw I wasn't covered, I was just happy." -- Usain Bolt in response to claims that he boasted at the final 20m
The dude just won 100m gold and couldn't contain himself when he knew he was going to win. Completely understandable. We see it all the time in triathlon in the chute....it's just so rare that someone has that kind of space in the 100m dash. However -

NO VISIBLE DISPLAYS OF JOY ALLOWED!!
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [Flak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Go tell a 21yo KID, who happens to be the fastest runner in the World, who happens to live up to the hype and win the Olympics 100m dash, that he is supposed to show some restrain ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your friends are the ones showboating. They're sitting on their behinds complaining about having seen the fastest recorded run by a human ever. Tossers.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loved it! If he had done back flips the last 10 meters, I wouldn't care. He won. In my opinion he wasn't direspecting anybody.
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [TriathleteEd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy should have moonwalked the last five meters.Now that would ave been funny!

/
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Aug 17, 08 18:36
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope none of the above posters are one of the guys who think because of all the personal sacrifice and family hardship it entitles them to carry their freeking kid over an Ironman finish line. The dude is Jamican, just moved himself up into Robert Marley status, is just a baby at his age. He will probably get paid a zillion Euros more for a new WR next summer in Europe. Like he said he didn't care about the record he wanted the gold medal.
Like the others posted mentioned 50 years of cycling tradition is in the can if not going as hard as you can till the last meter is important. I will be on all of your collective rear ends if I don't see you sprinting down the chute in your next local 5k. Lighten up kids it's the Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you ever 21. Do you really think any of these things were going through his mind within 5 meters. He is saying to himself, " I will shut it down and embaress my competitors and make more money"? The dude was in the moment. You can argue that being in the moment, actions are due to charachter ect... But PLEASE..............He reacted in 1/4 of seconds. If he could really of think of what was proper etiquitee in a race, with his background, well thats even more impressive than the run. At 21, in split seconds, you did something unbeleivable......hats off to you for not pissing someone on a forum off. No flame Vitus, just disagree. Kenney.........................Oh thanks or being out there at CDA 2004! I was there for 2003 also.
Last edited by: Kenney: Aug 17, 08 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like he watches too much American football... perhaps that's where he picked up the chest-pounding thing?

I agree, the way he pranced around was rather over the top. I understand being happy, proud, etc. and wanting to find your family to share your joy... but I think it just showed his immaturity in the sport/event, in general.
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt **SPOILER [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were you ever 21.

No. I skip every 7th year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet!!! Thanks again though at CDA2004
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt **SPOILER [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No sweat- we enjoyed having the chance to sit out and cheer for everyone. Still bummed that they changed the bike course.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems like everyone here has their panties in a knot because he celebrated before finishing. Why don't people get more upset when triathletes do it? What's the difference?

If some of you people had your way, the Olympics would consist of the 100m Group Hug and the High Five.

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Last edited by: guywithabike: Aug 17, 08 20:43
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [guywithabike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's the interview that has most upset not the celebration. If you saw and heard the interview you would began to understand what a disgrace this guy is to the Olympic Spirit.

"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." Po "The Dragon Warrior", Kung-Fu Panda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post edited to protect those who have not yet seem the girlie triathlon yet!

OOOPS,SORRY
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Aug 17, 08 21:21
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt **SPOILER [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too...

Post edited to protect those who have not yet seem the girlie triathlon yet!

Wait a minute... girlie triathlon? lol

Last edited by: cuds: Aug 17, 08 21:28
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt **SPOILER [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got me on the other thread!

Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [usctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must have seen a different post race interview than the one I saw.
Quote Reply
Re: Usain Bolt [usctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think it's the interview that has most upset not the celebration. If you saw and heard the interview you would began to understand what a disgrace this guy is to the Olympic Spirit.
Huh? The one I watched he said he was there to win, the time wasn't that important to him. What is so disgraceful about that.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply

Prev Next