Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Unique Way to Support the Troops & their Families
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get the work out to as many folks as possible. This doesn't benefit me at all but has the potential to help those who have much tougher times than we have. No matter how tough it is out by the Energy lab for several hours those in Iraq experience that every day and day out. For them we are the ones here at home who give them that boost like the crowds on Alli Drive do for us when when we finish. Over 1100 soldiers have lost their lifes in Iraq and Afganistan. Today is a day of remembering. Thanks

I'm inviting you to respond to a unique opportunity to remember, honor and support those serving our country, the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families strained by the prolonged engagement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'm one of 1700 athletes qualified for the Ironman Triathlon World Championships October 16, 2004. This also allows me to participate in the Janus Charity Challenge. Janus Capital Group, an investment management firm created the program as a catalyst to motivate Ironman Athletes to increase awareness of and raise money for the charity of their choice. In the first three years more than $4.5 million has been raised! Janus will make a donation to the charities of the top fundraisers with first place being, $10,000; second place; $8,000; third place $6,000; fourth place $4,000; and fifth place, $2,000 and $750 to the next 25 athletes who raise at least $750.
I've choosen the Armed Forces Relief Trust. The Armed Forces Relief Trust, (http://www.afrtrust.org) is single, non-profit fund created to better collect and disperse donations in support of the troops and their families. It’s a combination of the four military Aid Societies - Army Emergency Relief, Air Force Aid Society, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society and the Coast Guard Mutual Assistance.

Please help by making a tax deductible contribution! It's easy to donate online quickly and securely. You'll receive an email confirmation of your donation. Offline donations are also accepted.

Please forward this email to and tell as many people as you can encouraging them to support our armed forces by donating too!

Online: http://www.active.com/donate/fundraise/armedforces

Offline: Checks to Armed Forces Relief Trust and submitted to me by Oct. 12, 2004

I thank you in advance for your support, and really appreciate your generosity!!

Barbara Larrain

6506 NE Alameda St, Portland, OR 97213

Quote Reply