Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USPS in, Domina Vacanze/Kelme out
Quote | Reply
USPS was eventually accepted in the div. team group (of 30 teams) after providing financial guarantees etc...(reason for being late apparently was the late departure of Vand de Velde and Heras)

However, Kelme and DV are for this season definitely out of the Division 1 team group. If they provide the needed information (financial for Kelme, and many other things for DV) they will be incorporated in the Div. 2 team group....

Well, looks like Cippo will not be at the TdF again this year...
Quote Reply
Re: USPS in, Domina Vacanze/Kelme out [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to wonder about the run of misfortune Cipo has gone through since winning the world shcmapionship at Zolder... had a crap year, didn't ride the TDF, and now this... granted a lot of his past year was his own doing but gotta wonder if he is going to retire again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't read any comments from Domina yet, but thats a huge let down, at least lombardi (sp) got to a div 1 team before all this.
Quote Reply
Re: USPS in, Domina Vacanze/Kelme out [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe you've heard of the world champion curse?
I don't believe in this, but it's true that in cycling history it happened many times that the year after winning the worlds, a rider has a crap year...

as for the comments on DV to answer Stewart, all this was in www.lequipe.fr today...in french though.
you can copy and paste into the automatic translator of altavista. it does a very average job, but you get the general idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know abotu the curse but it is still a shame to see anyone go from an event which is life reaffirming to see him in the pits as he has been...
Quote Reply
Re: USPS in, Domina Vacanze/Kelme out [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well both Cippo and Valverde (at Kelme) have the choice to leave and join a div.1 team...
I think they can break their contract it the team is not satisfying the same conditions it was in when the riders arrived.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's up with my favorite team--Bianchi? I thought I saw they were hooked up with Alessio. Without Jan may not to get to see too much of them either way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that's unfortunate for the Kelme contingent. 25 or 26 years in cycling. . .looks like its going to come to a close. Kelme (the company) has been struggling to stay in the game for some time. They will likely decide to pull the plug all together without Div 1 exposure.

Cipo and Valverde will find new teams. Somebody out there will pick Cipo up. The interesting element to it all is that the lesser teams on the bubble for the TDF may pass on him since his relationship with LeBlanc may sour their chances. That has to narrow the field for him somewhat. Valverde will be picked up, probably by one of the newer Spanish teams.

Lots of conjecture there, but it will be interesting over the next few weeks and months.
Quote Reply
Re: USPS in, Domina Vacanze/Kelme out [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.cyclingnews.com has something up in their latest news.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply