Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Member Benefit - 24 Hour Accident Insurance
Quote | Reply
For the past six months I have had the privilege of working with USAT in securing and offering a new USAT member benefit. The benefit is an accident insurance policy that would be included in a new USAT annual membership. The new benefit level would include the following: * Accident insurance policy with benefits of $25,000 for 24 hour accident coverage (with a $250 deductible), $25,000 of Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage, $50,000 of Medical Evacuation & Repatriation coverage, Travel Assistance Services * Rental car discounts from hertz, avis, dollar, budget and others * Athlete friendly toll free health insurance and long-term care insurance help line and member website for questions and quotes including information on health savings accounts (HSAs) * All other basic USAT benefits The accident insurance coverage would be automatically issued when you purchase your annual membership at the new level. The accident policy would be billed separate from the other member benefits and cost approximately $20 per month or $250 per year. This coverage is not available outside of your USAT membership. This program was developed after a number of USAT members expressed difficulty in securing health insurance due in large part to their involvement in triathlons. Some of those who were successful in securing health insurance found that their policies excluded accidents related to injuries while training for or participating in athletic events. Although USAT has always provided members with excess accident coverage while competing in a USAT sanctioned event, this new benefit will cover members 24 hours a day and 7 day a week. It will include coverage while on business or pleasure -- including training! The accident plan is also ideal for USAT members who have health insurance plans with high deductibles. Imagine covering your $1,000 or greater deductible against accident related injuries for around $20 per month. My reason for posting this information is to determine USAT member support for such a benefit. A number of elite athletes have already expressed their desire to secure this coverage. Due to the recent elections and the fallout, this program's future in uncertain. Tim Yount supported this member benefit and was going to present it to the board of directors for their approval. Unfortunately, as you are aware, Tim has now submitted his resignation. For months I have read USAT member comments requesting transparency in the decisions made by the board of directors and executive director. This is an opportunity for you to post your opinion of a proposal that will soon be in front of the newly elected board. Your input would be very helpful in securing this program as a new USAT member benefit. The staff at USAT has worked diligently to provide USAT members with value added products and services. If you are a USAT member and feel that you would benefit from this proposed program, please let your feelings be heard by responding to this post. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Member Benefit - 24 Hour Accident Insurance [apfs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be very interested in obtaining additional accident insurance through USAT that would cover expenses incurred from training/racing accidents with a lower deductible than my current medical plan. Will there be more information available on this proposed benefit?

Thanks,

J
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Member Benefit - 24 Hour Accident Insurance [jeffm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the incoming board and executive director recognize the benefits in offering the program, outlines of coverage will be made available to interested members.
Quote Reply