Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USAT Long Course National Championships 2021
Quote | Reply
We are happy to announce that the USAT LONG COURSE National Championship TEAM USA Qualifiers for ITU World Championships 2022-70.3 distance, 70.3 Aquabike distance, 70,3 Duathlon distance and Olympic Aquabike will be taking place at TOUGHMAN NY on Sept 25/26th 2021.
Sprint, Olympic Triathlons and Swim Run races are part of the Multisport Festival. Registration opens Jan 16th at noon.
For more information http://www.TOUGHMANTri.com

http://www.TOUGHMANTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [TOUGHMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a tremendous venue for triathlon. It’s a no-brainer for anyone close to NYC, especially. Support independent racing, and do this race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TOUGHMAN wrote:
We are happy to announce that the USAT LONG COURSE National Championship TEAM USA Qualifiers for ITU World Championships 2022-70.3 distance, 70.3 Aquabike distance, 70,3 Duathlon distance and Olympic Aquabike will be taking place at TOUGHMAN NY on Sept 25/26th 2021.
Sprint, Olympic Triathlons and Swim Run races are part of the Multisport Festival. Registration opens Jan 16th at noon.

Think things will be back to normal in NY city area by then?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being someone with accumulating run pain and injuries before a freak ankle sprain this winter it makes me tremendously happy to see the Aquabike nationals come closer to me here in the north east.

My hope is that this is a long term solution or is this rotating like the sprint and oly nationals?

I’d love to go all in right now but I do wonder if we’re going to be having this race? We can only hope. September is pretty far off so my fingers are crossed!

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the location last week and am interested.

Strangely enough, Masters Track Nationals (cycling) is in Eastern Pennsylvania the week before so I may already be in the area.
Last edited by: jaretj: Jan 9, 21 5:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to go since I have family in Westchester county and have not been able to see them due to border closure from Canada since start of pandemic. And after 4 years no tris was looking forward to racing again but that's all on hold now. If it is on and I can cross the border without quarantines I would love to go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope to make it for the Olympic and long distance aqua bike.
Why is the swim for the long distance only 1500 m?

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like its a 12mi Swim. ITU Long Distance events often have a triple Olympic format...circa 4500m swim!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is 1.2 miles. They have fixed the website after I brought it up to their attention.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder that Registration for the TEAM USA USAT Long Course National Championship Multisport Festival opens tomorrow Jan 16th at noon.
Team USA ITU World Championships Qualifier events include: 70.3 triathlon distance, 70.3 Aquabike distance, 70.3 Duathlon distance, Olympic Aquabike as well as Sprint tri, Olympic tri and Swim Run races (not Team USA qualifiers). Plus USAT NE Regional YOUTH Championships.

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [Wild Horse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU LD events do not usually have a 4500m swim. The rest of the distances are typically approximately triple the standard distance, but the swim is usually in the 3000m range, with the exception being Almere which is doing a full IM distance race for ITU LD Worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has that changed? ITU LCW in Oklahoma 2016 was triple Olympic distance. 2013 LCW in France was supposed to be but was shortened because of weather.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are advertised as Triple Olympic. ITU Olympic distances require swimming ability that matches the other two disciplines. A triple Olympic distance sounds like a fair long course event, to go with the Sprint Distance, which is exactly half the Olympic Distances. Don't be distracted by Ironman distances. They are arbitrary and represent a combination of previous events... the Waikiki Rough Water Swim, The Big Island Bike Race, and the Honolulu Marathon. Swim distances are often shortened to allow individuals who are new to the sport to participate safely, or if conditions make the swim "dangerous."

I was in Oklahoma City in 2016. ITU rules regarding wetsuits are more strict than USA Triathlon. There was a lot of complaining about having to swim 4.5K without a wetsuit... then the Oklahoma City winds created the roughest water that I have ever encountered. It was my day. A strong swimmer pounded out such a lead on strong bikers and runners that I was able to finish well up in the standings, although honestly the international field was relatively weak that year. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the current information regarding Worlds date and place? The Toughman website says TBD. Is the operating assumption still that it'll be Townsville 2022 contingent on Almere LD actually happening this year (for the 2019 qualifiers) and that Australia opens up by August 2022?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Long Course National Championships 2021 [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USAT and Worlds makes those decisions and we await their decision.
We are concentrating on providing 8 challenging race distances so that athletes can race in Sept.
We are looking at large fields for each race. And a race weekend full of kids, sprint, Olympic, half iron, long du, long Aquabike, Olympic AB racing
Close to NYC
Tri Bike Transport to start taking reservations this Friday

Quote Reply