Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Sorry for not giving your buddy, who you keep bending backwards to defend, the benefit of doubt."

it's comments like this that undermine your point, and i'm sure you have a valid point. jack is a professional colleague. he and i have never spent time together outside of a USAT function. if you had - let us say - embezzled funds, while acknowledging your past bad deed i would not maintain that you're still embezzling funds. nor would i allow anyone on this forum to make that claim against you.

as to my other point, i think you well know what i'm talking about.

The problem you're having is not realizing exactly how off base you are. So yes, you are completely defending him (while ridiculously denying it), and no, your other "point" was absurd.

If you can't think of a crime that defines a person for the rest of their life, you're not trying hard. But as we both know, you're playing semantics to obfuscate from your clearly being on the wrong side of this argument.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Imagine if the same attention, passion, and commitment we're seeing to being outraged about Jack was shown to reading ballots, voting on resolutions and for board members, and in encouraging other USAT members to vote...

A lot of replies here definitely indicate a greater concern for a sport/hobby than that of battered women/gender equality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Imagine if the same attention, passion, and commitment we're seeing to being outraged about Jack was shown to reading ballots, voting on resolutions and for board members, and in encouraging other USAT members to vote..."

unfortunately for USAT and for the sport in the U.S., this episode is in my opinion likely to get worse, uglier, more salacious, more sad, more contentious, before everything that needs to happen, and will eventualy happen, happens.

unfortunately for those who are plainly the least civil among us, they won't be here to enjoy it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

unfortunately for those who are plainly the least civil among us, they won't be here to enjoy it.

Am I in trouble again? :o)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Imagine if the same attention, passion, and commitment we're seeing to being outraged about Jack was shown to reading ballots, voting on resolutions and for board members, and in encouraging other USAT members to vote...

Oh I'll be voting next time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, I'm a USAT member but I don't vote for one simple reason....I have absolutely no information on the candidates and the issues facing USAT. Can you tell us where/how to stay informed on the issues and obtain information on the candidates?

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Am I in trouble again? :o)"

no way, man. i've been marveling over your recent lucidity.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I have absolutely no information on the candidates and the issues facing USAT. Can you tell us where/how to stay informed on the issues and obtain information on the candidates?"

bless your heart. i must tell you, i used to be really editorially involved prior to elections. writing a lot of stuff. but our readers were ho hum. maybe i'll go back to that, and the upcoming election will be different as a result of the current issue.

but i must say members of this forum was pretty up-front about what was going on in the last election. if you go back and look at
BGennari's posts, he was pretty out front in explaining what was going on from his point of view, and a number of board members on both sides commented.

so i guess i'd say just keep reading slowtwitch, the front page and the forum, as the election season approaches.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Imagine if the same attention, passion, and commitment we're seeing to being outraged about Jack was shown to reading ballots, voting on resolutions and for board members, and in encouraging other USAT members to vote..."

unfortunately for USAT and for the sport in the U.S., this episode is in my opinion likely to get worse, uglier, more salacious, more sad, more contentious, before everything that needs to happen, and will eventualy happen, happens.

The sad reality is that there is one individual who could stop this episode from devolving into what your predict. But he has made it clear that he won't.

Which, I suppose, is telling about his priorities.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been an interesting read, seriously, from the "I am not involved, but I am going to play the "outraged" card, to the "well I have to deal with an HOA board that does stoopid shit" card, but in reality, Power13, you have basically "bottemlined" it from all angles. Your post, end of thread, and really so friggen true.

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading history is always a bit more interesting when it has further context.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...t_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

Interesting that even back in 2004 someone mentions abusive behavior from a Texas board member and Dan's first thought is that it is referencing Jack and to immediately start defending him.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...orum.cgi?post=129600

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the lack of a formal statement from the USAT is a de facto statement.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [2stepTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, what happened here?

Graziano's appointment fills the seat vacated by Bob Wendling, who resigned from his Mid-Atlantic Region position effective Oct. 13, 2014.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next