In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [JohnLines] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I don't know Jack, I don't know his wife, and I don't know the details of this case. But all of those are irrelevant at this point. The question is whether or not he can serve the purpose for which he was elected. It has become very apparent that he cannot.

My question to you is "How do you know that Jack cannot serve the purpose for what he was elected?" Are you privy to the topics, discussions, and votes that have occurred over the last 18 months and have evidence that Jack has not been able to constructively participate on the board and in the decision making process? My guess is that you do not.

I also suspect that the majority of people who have joined the mob on this forum have no knowledge either. Specifically in reference to why this wasn't mentioned before the last elections...this would have been an easy thing to look up. Board members are elected for a term of 4 years. If a board member was in the middle of a 4 year term then his/her name is not on the ballot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JohnLines wrote:
Usat's board re-elected Jack 7-5 as treasurer in April of 2014 after it knew of his actions. 7 members need to go.
In Reply To:

The board minutes don't list who voted for or against-simply the vote tally. Can you tell us who voted for him for treasurer? I agree that those people need to go as well.

The cronyism in all things olympics related is disgusting.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
Usat's board re-elected Jack 7-5 as treasurer in April of 2014 after it knew of his actions. 7 members need to go.
In Reply To:

The board minutes don't list who voted for or against-simply the vote tally. Can you tell us who voted for him for treasurer? I agree that those people need to go as well.

Steve Sexton, Victor Plata, Dave Kuendig, Kevin Haas and Barrett Brandon voted NO.
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 16, 14 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travis_lt wrote:
You've made it obvious in your couple of posts on here that you have no interest in the truth related to Jack other than to attempt to marginalize what he did. You'd be well served to be careful in your discussion of the actual facts.

You speak of facts yet you accuse him of breaking her arm, did he actually break her arm? nothing anywhere states he broke her arm.

You can't accuse someone of marginalizing what he did when you are blatantly making stuff up.

Exaggerating to make your case only makes it seem like you don't actually have one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JohnLines wrote:
AlwaysCurious wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
In Reply To:

Steve Sexton, Victor Plata, Dave Kuendig, Kevin Haas and Barrett Brandon voted NO.

The changing tent pisser?
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 16, 14 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If so, he may have redeemed himself a little...

get2T2 wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
AlwaysCurious wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
In Reply To:

The changing tent pisser?[/quote]
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 16, 14 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [2stepTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who's Ray Rice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
AlwaysCurious wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
In Reply To:

That board is definitely not short of people with very questionable judgement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your shock at me thinking you would be capable of this is entertaining, especially after such a vehement response. Yes, I fully think you capable & culpable of stirring up an unnecessary amount of fuss over something you're not involved in. Lest us not forget your rabid facebook ranting against Jack back in the spring when he had the gall to swear...or something equally inane. Let's not even mention the continual hard-on for the elite/pro athletes & your attempts at the last election to stir everything up then, too, in favor of the "athletes" having the majority of votes on the board. I think you've proven yourself a man exceedingly capable of pot-stirring.

Never even mind your taking on the "usat" handle....earlier in this very thread. And yet again you think I'd be surprised?

Indiana & Smeltzer have absolutely nothing to do with me, my opinions or this thread. They never have, to be very honest, but since you've obviously got that bone so firmly lodged up your ass still you can go ahead & keep grasping at that straw.

It's irrelevant, but "Better" is clearly an opinion. Yours is questionable, as has been previously illustrated in your own actions & statements, let alone those of others toward you. You just keep hanging on to the fact that someone (multiple someones, actually) thought I might have been a good option at a time when an alternative was so obviously needed.

It's not unprecedented that the USAT Board of Directors ask an elected member to step down & vacate their position mid-term. It's happened before (hasn't it, John Lines?) & while I don't know that I personally feel it's necessary in this case - BoD did know of the issue almost immediately, they didn't hide anything as so many others are so apt to say - not shouting things from the rooftops does not mean that one is "hiding" anything. It means disclosure is not their responsibility & not their perogative - especially if they aren't aware of all the facts, lest a bloodbath like this thread occur....

Keep it classy.

AW
Last edited by: AWARE: Oct 16, 14 8:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JohnLines wrote:
AlwaysCurious wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
In Reply To:

How about the names who voted yes

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
get2T2 wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
AlwaysCurious wrote:
JohnLines wrote:
In Reply To:

That board is definitely not short of people with very questionable judgement.

It would be nice if all the board members were housebroken.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:

The changing tent pisser?[/quote]
First thing that popped into my mind "Barrett Brandon Pissman?"
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"For USAT, if you punch a woman during a race, you're disqualified. Board members, however, may punch their wives at home without penalty."

if you punch a woman at home you don't get disqualified at the race. while few such people are posting here on this thread for fear of retaliation, a fair number - including board members - are privately support jack staying on the board, because they see a bifurcation between the bad deeds done in private life versus the bad deeds done in triathlon or in the course of triathlon business.

still, were a vote of the board taken today, they would vote jack off the board. but you can't remove a board member that way. the only way is via a recall of his own constituents, and that's a lot of signatures. probably 1,700 or so. maybe achievable. just, that's it. that's the way. and that's probably a good thing, the bar for removing a board member should be high and should be discrete and definable, because elements of this board would stop at nothing to get their way. for this reason, as onerous as were jack's act, there ought to be strictly defined rules for who can and can't serve on USAT's board, and how sitting board members are removed.

as i have been writing since the inception of this thread, at some point some people are going to have to come together and codify how all this works going forward. in 2004 we had election procedures in the federation that were a shambles. those running for the board could pass ballots around at a tri club meeting at which they (in the absence of the other candidates) spoke, collect the ballots - unsealed ballots - and then send in those ballots to USAT to be counted. a couple of us stepped in and rewrote all those rules, most of which are still in force today in the form of USAT's current bylaws (chiefly section VII). somebody's going to need to do this again, now, just w/regard to codes of conduct.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
JohnLines wrote:

How about the names who voted yes
The post you reference was edited by Dan. Take that as a message to figure it out yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The post you reference was edited by Dan. Take that as a message to figure it out yourself."

this is to you, to dave, and to john line. the posts that show my editing are simply to reduce the length of these unending lines across the page. this stuff:

when that is an unending line it widens the page, makes it hard to read. so, john line, don't make these long lines when you post. i had to edit dave's post because every reply to these posts faithfully includes the lines from the prior post.

that's the only reason for these edits.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those 5 are ex/current elites. If you have been paying attention over the last couple of years (you generally seem to do so), then their votes may (or may not) have been cast in light of their ex/current elite standing and Jack's general attitude towards elites on the board and less towards the topic of discussion. I honestly have no idea on that, just throwing that out there.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"The post you reference was edited by Dan. Take that as a message to figure it out yourself."

this is to you, to dave, and to john line. the posts that show my editing are simply to reduce the length of these unending lines across the page. this stuff:

when that is an unending line it widens the page, makes it hard to read. so, john line, don't make these long lines when you post. i had to edit dave's post because every reply to these posts faithfully includes the lines from the prior post.

that's the only reason for these edits.
Even so, we don't want to hamper Dave's initiative to do a bit of research...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan I knew his response was bogus.

Driving I5 so typing not easy.

I find it is interesting to see some who have not posted on this thread.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
jack off the board.

That's gross.

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those long lines
they ain't my lines
but the're JohnLine's

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Dan I knew his response was bogus.

Driving I5 so typing not easy.

I find it is interesting to see some who have not posted on this thread.

Texting and driving? You ass.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>> jack off the board.

> That's gross.

you previously characterized board as a bunch of old white men. for your information, there are women on that board. which adds a whole new wrinkle.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: USAT's Ray Rice [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you might want to update your User Profile: Races, cause you do actually have one of Jack's races listed that he created in "Honor" of a fellow triathlete who died in a drunk and drive bike fatality.

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next