Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!
Quote | Reply
I am about 1.83m tall and am about to put some $$$ down on a Giant Trinity - now, i am unsure which size i should get a S or M - I ride a specialized Roubaix 54cm. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [tenax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HELP!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DON'T BUY A GIANT!!!
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [Jeremy K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why not?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just don't like them. I am sure they are good bikes. They make me think of t-mobile...which makes me think about injuring my knee, never riding, and eating lots of cheeseburgers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get L! I don't know anything about Giant, sorry, but why is everybody going crazy of getting smaller bikes? is the stiffer and lighter the only important qualities for a good ride? I'm 185 and switched from 57 to 59sm Tiphoon. I heard that Lance used to ride 58 Trek - he's not a big, tall guy.......

Hare Krishna
Last edited by: triatma: May 1, 06 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [triatma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind that Trek measures C-T, so his 58 is more like a 56.5.
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure. Tiphoon is 59 Center to the top of Seat tube and 53 C-T.

Still, there is so many different geometries now, but why would Giant call something S or M? Probably for average small or medium high riders.....

Hare Krishna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so S or M?!! Dang I am confused
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're buying a bike and you don't even know what size you need?
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes where i come from the LBS are not helpful at all....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find it hard to believe that this guy's need for help is that urgent when he just bought a plasma, has a kalibur he has paid for and hasn't picked up yet, money is a major factor, etc etc...
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if you must know - it has been a nightmare - i bought a kalibur and decided to change it to a scott plasma - of which didn't come in (and i need a ride by JUNE) - now money IS a major factor because of all the loses i have made without even getting a bike yet (from buying and selling)

SO yes - the LBSes here aren't helpful as they normally don't want to fit you unless you committ to buying a frame from them and i have been sold a frame that is too big for road. Try to get rid of larger sizes as people are exactly tall here in the far east.

SO - if you could help and not judge thanks. if you want to judge, have a Fresh Orange from me.
Last edited by: tenax: May 1, 06 20:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that most of the information you need can be found on the Giant Bicycles website. Have you even taken a look at the geometry chart to see how the frameset is sized?

I am 6' (1.83m) and ride a size large - not because of my height but because while my inseam (.79m) is slightly short for a size large, my arm length/reach (~.82m) is more suited to a longer top tube like what Giant offers with its compact geometry. If you are more proportionate then you might fit find a size medium more suitable but you run the risk of having your knees contacting the undersides of your upper arms when on the aero bars. I also suggest that you take a look at Giant's fit page/chart to help decide on what size frame would be more suited for you: http://www.giant-bicycles.com/....000/050.600.100.asp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANKS SO MUCH - that is really of great help!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a medium Giant TCR. The medium frame was around the same as a classical 54cm. You're about six ft tall (183 cm). You might fit a medium, even maybe one size up. Small definately won't work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
so S or M?!! Dang I am confused

Are you a Small guy? (just trying not to give you a fish, but teach how to catch it ... without LBS : )

P.S. is the question now: M or L ? )))))

Great job ms6037

Hare Krishna
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing that he can find Slowtwitch, but can't be bothered to actually go to the manufacturer's website and do some research for himself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Amazing that he can find Slowtwitch, but can't be bothered to actually go to the manufacturer's website and do some research for himself.[/reply]

Equally amazing that you took the time to point that out...and it is even MORE amazing that I took the time to point that out to you...;)
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [Markus Mucus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just feel sorry for the guy that he can't find a bike shop that can help him? Surely, this is the sort of help and service that a good shop should be providing. Is this a problem that many people have?

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well if you absolutely need a bike by June and have a kalibur in the bike shop that you have already paid for and can get any size you want, why won't the shop fit you and put you on the right size kalibur?

That would seem to be the cheapest option at this point, and you wouldn't exactly be slumming it.

I"m not trying to be a jerk, but it seems like you need to take a step back and stop hyperventlating for a second, do some research, and plan this out before you spend the GDP of a medium sized country on a bike that doesn't fit you. If that means riding your Specialized for a little longer with some clip-ons so be it.
Quote Reply
Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I just feel sorry for the guy that he can't find a bike shop that can help him? Surely, this is the sort of help and service that a good shop should be providing. Is this a problem that many people have?

Fleck[/reply]

Honestly, this is one of the most daunting aspects of our sport. Not everyone has the time to spend hours researching bikes and bike fit. I was lucky that I had a bike dude that took 2 hours out of his day to show me the differences between TT bikes and road bikes and what the angles mean and all that. But if you didn't have that and the bike shop guy didn't know it, I can't even imagine trying to buy a bike. That is the great thing about this forum. And to get guys like Fleck helping out is a bonus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yes where i come from the LBS are not helpful at all....

Where is this bike shop anyway and why on earth are you giving them any of your business if they are not helpful?

Drive to Vt and go to Fitwerx. I don't care if your in Seattle, find someone like them to help you.

my moto: do it right and do it right the first time.

I agree but he is somewhere in Asia so would need a serious SUV to make that drive...

The $$ I paid Fitwerx to get the right fit is up there with the best $$ I have ever spent and is only reinforced by threads like this.
Quote Reply