Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular question
Quote | Reply
I recently switched to tubulars for my racing wheels, and with clinchers carrying a flat kit was easy because a race tube rolls up into a tiny ball. But the tubular wheel is such an unwieldly thing. I'm curious as to how you all carry your replacements, or if you even bother.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular question [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recently switched to tubular for my race wheels also. Typically, I fold it up into an oval hotdog shape and then wrap it, and an air tube, with tape it to hold it all together. I then stuff it in my unused bottle cage hanging on the back of my saddle rails. I have also taped it to the seat post when both cages are in use. Someone suggested I use an old toe strap to bundle things up, rather than tape. That could be faster than tape to undo and redo in a race situation.

I've also seen others bundle it up and tape/tie it under the saddle.

put the mettle to the pedal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have space (i.e., no behind the seat gear), one of the most common ways to carry a spare is to fold it up into a flat elongated shape and attach it behind your seat (to the seat rails) with a toe strap (the kind people used to use when riders used toe clips--still available in nylon form from most bike shops).

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Astro,

Lay the Tubie flat on the ground in a double row tape side up sort of like this:

/-------------------------------\

\-------------------------------/

That's a valve there at one end (can anyone teach me how to draw on here!?). Start from the valve end and roll in a double row with the CO2 and adaptor inside. This then tapes under the seat or on the rails of the minoura in a nice neat little package. I leave a little tab on the tape so I can undo it quickly.

Hope this makes sense....good luck!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Jun 30, 04 8:17
Quote Reply