Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular Wheelset for Training: What's Your Recommendation?
Quote | Reply
I have several Continental Steyer tubulars that I would like to put into service as training tires but the only tubular wheels I have are my 808's.

Any ideas for a decent tubular wheelset for training on?

These tires are real beasts, they are designed for the Stayers track events--although I don't think they exist anymore.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Tubular Wheelset for Training: What's Your Recommendation? [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depends. I think you cna get som Easton EC70 in tubie. Or you can jsut build up a set.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular Wheelset for Training: What's Your Recommendation? [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I found them, they are called EA70X.

Sierratradingpost.com had them for $299, but they are sold out.

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Will need to shop around a little though.

Thanks!

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Last edited by: chainpin: Aug 11, 09 9:41
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular Wheelset for Training: What's Your Recommendation? [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonna give another reccomendation for the EA70X. Easton's wheels are just about as high-quality as reasonably priced mass-produced wheels come. I have a pair of Circuits (now the EA70SL) that has 10,000 miles on it, and they're still running strong after swapping the bearings at 5,000 miles.

This may or may not balence the cost: they were doing a promo where if you bought a wheelset, they'd give you a voucher for a helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular Wheelset for Training: What's Your Recommendation? [persondude27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Gonna give another reccomendation for the EA70X. Easton's wheels are just about as high-quality as reasonably priced mass-produced wheels come. I have a pair of Circuits (now the EA70SL) that has 10,000 miles on it, and they're still running strong after swapping the bearings at 5,000 miles.

This may or may not balence the cost: they were doing a promo where if you bought a wheelset, they'd give you a voucher for a helmet.

These things are hard to find! A few places had them but they were well north of $500 and that doesn't include shipping. I'm an Amazon Prime member and they have them at $475 with free next day. Will keep looking for better prices.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some of those eastons for cross, they are stiff as a board. I like training on plain old 32 spokes, dura ace hubs and mavic box wheels 14-15 butted dt spokes 3 cross. Try running the stans no tubes in your tires if you can remove the valve core, I use a couple tablespoons and never get flats despite riding through all nature of roadside crap
Quote Reply