Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tubular/Clincher
Quote | Reply
Looking for some new wheels, but am not sure what the difference is between tubular and clinchers. Please explain the difference and/or pros and cons.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular/Clincher [nel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd recommend doing a search- this subject has been beat to death, brought back to life, and then beat to death again. And again.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular/Clincher [gregk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It lives....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride all tubies......its not a "real wheel" unless its a tubie!! : )

Actually I have one set of clinchers but use tubular clinchers.

Clinchers have tubes you have to put inside the tire. Tubulars have a tube mounted inside and is glued to the rim.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Tubular/Clincher [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubulars have tubes inside them as well. You just can't take them out and replace them when you flat; you GET to buy a whole new (usually very expensive) tire!

If you can't tell, I'm a clincher man :) I have owned tubulars, but absolutely could not stand the maintenance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't know the difference, you'll be happier with Clinchers.

I don't say that to be condescending at all. I own both and I'm typically happier with Clinchers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have to ask, you probably want clinchers. Tubies are the cycling equivalent of Linux. You really have to be a geek to use them. They can be better if you are willing to put in the extra effort, but for most people, it is easier just to buy a regular Windows or Mac computer...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply