Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger?
Quote | Reply
Coming from an older model Shiv TT that I've used on a few long course (half) tris in the past.

I am planning racing half & full distance over next few years. Frame a little undersized (small) due to prior setup for stage race TTs and bars lack some of the flexibility that I am looking for. My daughters are considering triathlons this year coming year, so I'd keep the Shiv TT , setup for them, and have access to it if I need for UCI TTs (not that local officials enforce any rules....).

I am size medium in the Omni based on fit chart, current stack+reach with the flexibility to increase reach based on current measurements.

I have disc bikes on the road, and don't feel a compelling need to move to disc brakes for the TT bike. If I stay with rim brakes, I already have the power meter/crankset (165), wheel sets (zipp disc/808), and 11sp etap group set.

I am (was?) considering the PX/P3X and or possibly the Shiv Disc (not a huge fan of design, but have shop relationship and Spec road bikes).

With the black friday sale, my current equip and adjustability on the Omni, seems like it's a pretty straight forward decision to go for the Omni.

What am I missing?
Last edited by: gbtrinride: Nov 24, 20 21:16
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your fit numbers?
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Current numbers are ~430 Reach (X), 620 Stack(Y).

Reach is too short.

I'm 5'10.5 , 32in inseam. Poor flexibility - used to ride lower for TTs, then did a fair amount of chung aero testing and went narrower/higher. Slack position (roughly 6cm setback maybe with the Dash saddle?)
Last edited by: gbtrinride: Nov 24, 20 22:36
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gbtrinride wrote:

I am size medium in the Omni based on fit chart, current stack+reach with the flexibility to increase reach based on current measurements.

I have disc bikes on the road, and don't feel a compelling need to move to disc brakes for the TT bike. If I stay with rim brakes, I already have the power meter/crankset (165), wheel sets (zipp disc/808), and 11sp etap group set.

With the black friday sale, my current equip and adjustability on the Omni, seems like it's a pretty straight forward decision to go for the Omni.

What am I missing?

I say go with the Omni then.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I double checked this morning, not sure where I got the 430 reach number.

Reach (BB to center of pads) is ~465.

Current center pads to saddle tip: 525

Stack of 620 is correct. I used to ride around 590.

SH is 78
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If I was in the market for a new bike the Omni would be a consideration.

One thing about bikes like this, Softride, etc is the uniqueness of the bike. Back when I had Softrides it became annoying when asked how much did that bike cost.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gbtrinride wrote:
I double checked this morning, not sure where I got the 430 reach number.

Reach (BB to center of pads) is ~465.

Current center pads to saddle tip: 525

Stack of 620 is correct. I used to ride around 590.

SH is 78
With those numbers I’d recommend a size Small Omni for you. Set up with 20mm of stem spacers and the Monopost at 5.5. Pads centered.

That puts you smack in the middle of the fit chart. Room to go up, down, forward, or backward in the future. Let us know if we can help with your purchase!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you....I am pretty cramped right now, and very slack (setback at -6cm, and I also sit a little farther back on the dash saddle than ideal). I know I need to rotate / move forward, and get some more reach. I definitely would never move backwards compared to now. Are you sure Small is the way to go?

Edit: plan is also to get bars angled (currently flat)

2nd Edit: looking closer at your size chart calculator, looks like the Small stack is what is the primary factor - looks like that's the primary driver for the recommendation on the small?
Last edited by: gbtrinride: Nov 25, 20 20:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Omni with the Alfa one bar. Can not tell if you fit but I can tell you about the bike. I own 5 tri bikes including a felt ai with disc brakes. First the Omni is drop dead gorgeous. Very well engineered. If you are building it up yourself it is a breeze. Mine as been to Kona once and is going again. Brakes my Felt has the edge but not by much and the Omni is lighter. It is my favorite bike in my stable. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions from admirers
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thank you. Curious - why did you pick up the felt ai disc to go with the Omni? How do you decide which to use for a given race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gbtrinride wrote:
thank you....I am pretty cramped right now, and very slack (setback at 6cm, and I also sit a little farther back on the dash saddle than ideal). I know I need to rotate / move forward, and get some more reach. I definitely would never move backwards compared to now. Are you sure Small is the way to go?

Edit: plan is also to get bars angled (currently flat)

2nd Edit: looking closer at your size chart calculator, looks like the Small stack is what is the primary factor - looks like that's the primary driver for the recommendation on the small?
No, stack was not the primary determinant in sizing you on the Small. It’s really all of it combined. You are dead center of the adjustment range for going up, down, forward, or back. The size Medium would give you more room to go forward, but no room to go backward, and less room to go down. You could still hit your current fit numbers on the Medium, but with less room for changing things in the backwards/down directions as compared to the Small.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden my Omni to a top 10 age group finish at Multisport worlds. Terrific engineering, style and reliability. It's also a bargain considering the level of innovation the Tririg system delivers.

Also enjoying my new arm rest scoops in 2020.

No brainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the original IA nothing but trouble. It was just a bad luck bike. Sold it. I am tri bike lover with Omni, Diamond, S works shiv,, and a premier tactical so I did not need it but thought about disc brakes. The new Felt is way better than the original. All my bikes have been raced at full Ironmans. The Omni rings all the bells. It is amazing bike to fly with easy to pack. I raced in Kona with it already qualified picked 2022 it is going back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would humbly tell you you're crazy not to buy it. Purchase the Ultimate package, add some Ultegra Di2 or Sram Force, and for less than $8k you have one of the fastest, if not the fastest, bikes in the world. The Omni should be at the front of every bike purchase discussion.

I would note that we have a size run we use for fit & aero testing. Some of the very best triathletes and cyclists in the world have quietly been tested using the Omni's and the one remark we hear over and over again is how great the bike feels to ride.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to see the Omni tested next to other “super” bikes in the wind tunnel and/or velodrome. Especially considering the ridiculous cost of $10,000+ on some of the others.

Though one of the benefits of the no down tube bikes is eliminating the interaction between the front wheel and the down tube in real world situations when they aren’t necessarily lined up perfectly (like in the wind tunnel). So that could even further benefit the Omni, the Ventum, and the new Scott (sort of).

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one.

I have no faults with it.

Very easy to live with. Super easy to assemble and adjust. Set up with eTap, I can strip it into a travel case in a few minutes with the wrench included on the chainstay.

I like the support when I have questions pre and post purchase.

I came from a second generation speed concept which is a relatively easy to life with super bike and this is just so, so much easier to live with if you travel to races.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone talk about how stiff this frame is ? I'm a larger rider at 89kg with reasonable levels of power and what puts me off potentially with this frame is how stiff it is when handling corners, accelerations and when at high speed descending.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also about 92-94 kg. I don’t have any problem with the stiffness. It’s not stiff like my crit bike, but plenty for a triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite the same weight at 78kg, but with decent power I've never had a noticeable lack of stiffness. I'm just as confident cornering and accelerating as on anything I've ever ridden, and significantly MORE confident descending on this than on anything else. I've never had issues descending without winds on any bike, but had gotten speed wobble on more than a few occasions on my p3c and Ceepo. It's not even something I think about anymore on the Omni. I'm very much so a believer in the tube shape reducing the effects of crosswinds detailed in this article from Matt Russell's wind tunnel testing. It's noticeable.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gbtrinride wrote:
Current numbers are ~430 Reach (X), 620 Stack(Y).

Reach is too short.

I'm 5'10.5 , 32in inseam. Poor flexibility - used to ride lower for TTs, then did a fair amount of chung aero testing and went narrower/higher. Slack position (roughly 6cm setback maybe with the Dash saddle?)

I have the same height and inseam as you. I fit very well on the Premier Tactical and have a low CdA. I couldn't recommend the bike and the services more.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omni - any reason not to pull the trigger? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - Nick has been great responding to some offline questions and I made the decision - the Omni will be on its way soon. Decided to move over my etap for the short term and put the mechanical shifting back on the shiv. may move to di2 ultegra if the shiv still gets enough use by my girls.

Just a few final items to pick up - hoping to build late next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick and TriRig are great to do business with they will help you with everything
Quote Reply