Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Triathlon or King of the Mountains?
Quote | Reply
Hello, I am hoping for the input of this community in a hypothetical question: say you're 36 years old, you are a former collegiate runner (and competent swimmer), and you have a hankering to do something competitive, having lost a bunch of weight competing for crowns on Strava. Would you sign up for an Ironman or a 70.3?

Would you do as I am considering? I would like to take testosterone to dominate all of the Strava segments in my area. I would like to advance my power to weight to levels I cannot do otherwise. I won't compete officially as I refuse to break the rules, but as far as I know I can still get KOMs regardless of my hematocrit(?) or whatever. My anti aging doctor is willing to get me to a level where I am basically unstoppable relative to where I'm at

Again, never in competition. Outside of it, and only to juice Strava. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [Baysically] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you're gonna get much love for doping on this particular form, but I'm sure there are plenty of other forums on the internet if you're looking for a community more into juicing. However, you may want to have a look in the mirror and a good hard think if you're considering doping for fake internet points on a social media platform.

As far a triathlons go it's probably smarter to start with something shorter while you are youngish and can still go reasonably fast.
Last edited by: Lagoon: Oct 4, 23 17:09
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [Lagoon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagoon wrote:
I don't think you're gonna get much love for doping on this particular form, but I'm sure there are plenty of other forums on the internet if you're looking for a community more into juicing. However, you may want to have a look in the mirror and a good hard think if you're considering doping for fake internet points on a social media platform.

As far a triathlons go it's probably smarter to start with something shorter while you are youngish and can still go reasonably fast.

It's not for fake internet points, though I appreciate your feedback. It is basically obsessive game-ification and if I can win the game while also being more healthy and far stronger under the guidance of a physician... let's do it.

There are basically no short triathlons in my area. I'm considering Ironman Texas so I can go to Kona, but again not if I choose to supplement my low testosterone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you feel like you’re making an investment in your health, and you’re comfortable looking in the mirror knowing the fact that you’re taking a banned drug for the purpose of gamifying strava segments (or whatever you want to call it), then by all means go for it.

I do believe most folks that are fully aware of any sort of rules and have a clear conscience would probably have some difficulty with it, but if that’s not you then by all means go and get those KOMs.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
If you feel like you’re making an investment in your health, and you’re comfortable looking in the mirror knowing the fact that you’re taking a banned drug for the purpose of gamifying strava segments (or whatever you want to call it), then by all means go for it.

I do believe most folks that are fully aware of any sort of rules and have a clear conscience would probably have some difficulty with it, but if that’s not you then by all means go and get those KOMs.

Thank you for your reasonable and measured response. Honestly I feel like all the guys getting these crowns in my area are probably doing it anyways. That's how I got started on the idea. I think I need it to compete. I could provide examples but ultimately I know these guys take T and it's all good, as long as we are competing on the same playing field with the same access to drugs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baysically wrote:
Vols wrote:

Thank you for your reasonable and measured response. Honestly I feel like all the guys getting these crowns in my area are probably doing it anyways. That's how I got started on the idea. I think I need it to compete. I could provide examples but ultimately I know these guys take T and it's all good, as long as we are competing on the same playing field with the same access to drugs

You must be new. The best cyclists are never the ones with the most KOMs. But you do you!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:
Baysically wrote:
Vols wrote:

You must be new. The best cyclists are never the ones with the most KOMs. But you do you!

I am new to this forum but not new to logic and data. Absolutely, the best cyclists have the most crowns. Apparently you don't follow the best cyclists on Strava. But you do you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baysically wrote:
Vols wrote:

All the other guys are doing is the excuse used in the Lance / EPO era. Even if everyone else is doing it, does not make it right.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My doctor says I'll be stronger and faster like I was a decade ago. What's immoral about that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget the T........just get an E-bike.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Forget the T........just get an E-bike.

There is an e-bike option on Strava but no option for enhanced minerals
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do a 140.6 clean.

You'll find it more rewarding 20 years from now and will scratch the same itch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bravo

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baysically wrote:
Hello, I am hoping for the input of this community in a hypothetical question: say you're 36 years old, you are a former collegiate runner (and competent swimmer), and you have a hankering to do something competitive, having lost a bunch of weight competing for crowns on Strava. Would you sign up for an Ironman or a 70.3?

Would you do as I am considering? I would like to take testosterone to dominate all of the Strava segments in my area. I would like to advance my power to weight to levels I cannot do otherwise. I won't compete officially as I refuse to break the rules, but as far as I know I can still get KOMs regardless of my hematocrit(?) or whatever. My anti aging doctor is willing to get me to a level where I am basically unstoppable relative to where I'm at

Again, never in competition. Outside of it, and only to juice Strava. Thoughts?

I do love a good troll. That said, my thoughts... if you need to cheat to validate yourself and you can rationalize taking drugs at a young age just for make believe "accomplishments". I think your an idiot, but have at it

In search of the righteous life... we all fall down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cant help but think you're trolling the forum. this is too absurd to take seriously. slowtwitch is not the place to go for this kind of feedback. doping to get strava KOMs is pretty damn low, maybe even lower than faking training data on socials to make you seem fitter/faster than reality.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [ckoch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But "your young age" seems like relative terms. I'm not that young anymore. It's been 15 years since I ran 29:xx on lots of mileage. Everything has been downhill since 30. Everything. The only thing great is the money. Which I have so it doesn't matter.

But really. I don't do it more than once a day anymore, ya know? Maybe today was my first double....I digress. I want to be fit, fast, strong, and sexually viable. I want to win races or cover ground really fast. I want to be like I could have been had I not had to spend my twenties on the sell side.

Guys like Dan Bilzerian (friend of Lance) know you do not Liver King your talent with dumbbells alone. You go with T. Is this not the same thing? If you want to dope, why not tell everyone and talk about it (most critically your doctor)? How is boosting all of my faculties (for the goal of being the best to ever hit that 3.6 mile rail trail) illegal or against the rules? Maybe I'll show up on a race bike and bring a more endurance focused Dan B to pull me?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [STRINATION] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STRINATION wrote:
slowtwitch is not the place to go for this kind of feedback. doping to get strava KOMs is pretty damn low, maybe even lower than faking training data on socials to make you seem fitter/faster than reality.

What is the correct place? If I asked this on the Reddit sub, I would probably be met complete and total ignorance by fathlethes who legit encourage each other after finishing an iron event in 17 hours. If it takes you more than like 14 hours, you're going it wrong. Go home lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baysically wrote:
STRINATION wrote:
slowtwitch is not the place to go for this kind of feedback. doping to get strava KOMs is pretty damn low, maybe even lower than faking training data on socials to make you seem fitter/faster than reality.

What is the correct place? If I asked this on the Reddit sub, I would probably be met complete and total ignorance by fathlethes who legit encourage each other after finishing an iron event in 17 hours. If it takes you more than like 14 hours, you're going it wrong. Go home lol

You aren’t even good at trolling. Oh what I would give to be able to look at your IP address and see who you really are.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send me a grabify in PMbox.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just T? I say pick a direction and go nuts. If your priority is anti-aging, do Bryan Johnson's $2M/year protocol and take whatever Strava gains as a bonus (are you even allowed to exercise that hard under his program?). If your priority is Strava KOMs, you're going to want to do ALL THE PEDS and hope you don't die. Either way, you're getting up at 4:30am to take a bunch of really expensive drugs - better hit the hay!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baysically wrote:
Runorama wrote:
Baysically wrote:
Vols wrote:

I am new to this forum but not new to logic and data. Absolutely, the best cyclists have the most crowns. Apparently you don't follow the best cyclists on Strava. But you do you!

I get you though. I can hammer that 100m climb like a champ. I like to split long climbs into smaller segments, it's better for tracking, plus I can target them on different days. Windy.com is a must. I think I spend more time planning my rides and watching the forecast than training these days. I gotta tell you, the Flipper Zero has been awesome for city segments!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brando wrote:
Just T? I say pick a direction and go nuts. If your priority is anti-aging, do Bryan Johnson's $2M/year protocol and take whatever Strava gains as a bonus (are you even allowed to exercise that hard under his program?). If your priority is Strava KOMs, you're going to want to do ALL THE PEDS and hope you don't die. Either way, you're getting up at 4:30am to take a bunch of really expensive drugs - better hit the hay!

This! If you really want to be a Strava king... T alone won't be enough. There are legit savages on Strava and on top of that you get to sometimes compete with real Pros for segments. Some T isn't going to allow you to displace someone like Sepp on a climb. If that is your goal, you will need T, EPO a host of other drugs and some freak genetics that will allow you to push the limits of human performance. Good luck and godspeed Troll!

In search of the righteous life... we all fall down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please share your Strava ID and allow followers.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Please share your Strava ID and allow followers.

This ^ I want to follow along in this epic destruction of KOMs and revitalization of a sense of self worth.

--------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like a good idea at the time. . .
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon or King of the Mountains? [type-B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think dope away. Then when done at strava head to zwift. Put yourself at 85 pounds and you will be the internet KING.
Quote Reply

Prev Next