Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo?
Quote | Reply
Cast your votes. Titanflex or Cervelo for triathlon? (FYI - I'm a race horse 30 year old).
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you serious?

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [Bladed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, I mean I'm at a point where I could go either way.

I am sort of a freak, I own the following bikes and I really like suspension:

Cervelo P2c plust another Cervelo P2c (identical but built up for racing)

Cervelo P3sl

Cervelo P2k -built up for track racing

Lotus Sport 110 (the superbike)

Softride Rocket

Softride Classic Beam plus another Softride Classic Beam (identical for racing)

Fuji Aloha plus another Fuji Aloha (identical for racing)

Cannondale Slice for road riding

Mountain bike and Commuter bike

I'm thinking of trading it all for a titanflex. What do you all think?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [NYSLIM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if you trade it all you might be able to own the Titanflex company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that you have a lot of bikes, might as well get one more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
both??

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree definitley get both

why deny yourself the possibility of finally finding the right one!!

E-dot
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [sevenfootglass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i agree definitley get both

why deny yourself the possibility of finally finding the right one!!
Only if you make time to ride 'em both :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
N+1... Why fight it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love you guys! This is why I chat on the slowtwitch forum. People understand. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You must do an awful lot of racing...and not have any kids.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. No kids, lots of races and bikes.

Any thoughts on the comparison of the P2c and the Titanflex?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, you have that Lotus sitting around getting dusty and you are looking for a new race bike?! I think it is about time you sell it to me ... ;-)

Last edited by: hooker_elite: Nov 14, 06 15:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I've tried and field-tested both. If I were just doing triathlons and my two most important races weren't under UCI rules, I would ride a Titanflex instead of a P3.

-jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Last edited by: jens: Nov 14, 06 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you get a titanflex instead of a P3? What type of racer are you? Talk to me man!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Why would you get a titanflex instead of a P3? What type of racer are you? Talk to me man![/reply]

I didn't do a wind tunnel test, but testing the bikes, I can tell you the aerodynamics are roughly a wash (at least at zero yaw). BTW, I saw no evidence on rollers or on the average pavement that I rode on of lower Crr (as I think Softride claimed).

So it comes down to two other factors:

1) What bike allows you to comfortably hold an aero position for extended periods?

2) Which bike reduces road bumping & vibration, which could potentially accelerate muscle fatigue (this has been kicked around biketechreview.com a little bit).

For me, that would be Titanflex.

- jens
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, I just got a Titanflex. Have not even ridden it yet, still setting it up and the way the weather in Michigan is going, it wont see the road till next year. This is my dream bike, and I don't deserve it at this point but I will put it in a bike box tonight and mail it to you tomorrow if you would trade it for all that.

That said.

TITANFLEX Baby.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is the difference between a softride an a titanflex?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [squatter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm looks like the qoute buttons not working....
But in summary a lot of maintenance. The Titanflex has no rubber, or maintenance Just think of a seat-tube turned sideways.

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but wouldnt it have a higher chance of breaking? its only a small piece of metal
im not bagging them, just trying to understand them. Havent seen on in real life before
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [squatter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't what a small piece of metal? The Boom is titanium tubing and warrantied for 100 (yes one hundred) years.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine got me thinking... Titanflex or Cervelo? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
question answered re titanium
are they light? lighter than softrides?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes,
http://www.ttinet.com/tf/compare.htm

All you need to know even price and the order form.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bu the Titan Flex...and sell me one of your P2C framesets please!!!

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My god!! You've got an "NY" in your name, but I'm guessing you're not in Manhattan... I barely have room in my tiny apartment for one bike!!

And if you are in Manhattan and have space, I am INCREDIBLY jealous. Wait, I'm already incredibly jealous reading your bike list actually.
Quote Reply

Prev Next