Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri suit for big shoulders
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a good sleeved suit that allows for shoulder room? I’m large shouldered, or maybe slightly large shouldered is a better way of saying it. But in a sport where most people are fall in thin being of average height with a slightly above average upper body is tough. I have a SLS3 medium suit that I kind of like. But it’s hard for me to reach over my head. Is this all sleeved suits? Will sizing up help? What brands allow for a little more shoulder room? I’ve always gone two piece but wanted to make the jump.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit for big shoulders [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"shoulders" ;-)

I find all tri suits fit my large "shoulders" fairly well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My former life as a hockey player has me broad shouldered. Next tri suit I buy will be a Desoto T1 (two piece), so that I can get the proper fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit for big shoulders [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it’s kind of an answer lol. Based on your information a SS one piece just might not be right for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I've got a pretty "athletic" build (played high school football, college soccer, etc) with broad shoulders. I'm 6'2" and 185lbs. I recently bought and raced in the Wyn Republic tri suit 2.0 (Rayure collection) and its incredible. total freedom of movement in shoulders during swim (and I wear a sleeveless wetsuit). I bought a large and it literally feels like a tailor made it for me. Give that a try if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit for big shoulders [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
My former life as a hockey player has me broad shouldered. Next tri suit I buy will be a Desoto T1 (two piece), so that I can get the proper fit.

Thanks, finally someone who feels my struggle lol. Yeah as much as I want one piece I can’t seem to make it work. Sleeveless is usually ok I have one of those but don’t care for the chamois in it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
Anyone know of a good sleeved suit that allows for shoulder room? I’m large shouldered, or maybe slightly large shouldered is a better way of saying it. But in a sport where most people are fall in thin being of average height with a slightly above average upper body is tough. I have a SLS3 medium suit that I kind of like. But it’s hard for me to reach over my head. Is this all sleeved suits? Will sizing up help? What brands allow for a little more shoulder room? I’ve always gone two piece but wanted to make the jump.

I am with you. I have the upper body of a bodybuilder. As some of my cycling buddies have said that if I wore an all green suit people would think the Incredible Hulk took up riding.

I have always gone with a DeSoto two piece. That being said, last year I raced in a LG Course M-2 trisuit. It was fantastic for me put to a HIM. After that the pad wasn't quite enough for a 4-6hr bike that an IM and training require.

All of my gear is DeSoto except that one LG. They produce such good stuff. Good luck!
Quote Reply