Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ideas for tri geek business needed: free hats ready! [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One that i see every once in a while on the site that always makes me laugh is some variant of:

FATTY

BIG FATTY

I'M A FATTY

FURY FATTY

or the trifecta FURY FATTY POSER

-

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business needed: free hats ready! [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of us who are ignorant regarding fabrics, can you give us (i.e., me) a quick primer on the variety of fabrics you sell?
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business needed: free hats ready! [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure thing, the biggest difference in fabrics is Polartec, made in the USA at Malden Mills is a high quality wicking fleece. The 100 wt is light and breathable and is perfect for working out in cool temps. The 200 wt is also breathable but is heavier, and is probably better for standing around, hiking, or snow sports.

I prefer Polartec, but it is very expensive and I cannot afford to keep it sitting in my storage room. I have to buy it as orders come in, or just a little at a time. If you want a color that you don't see on my web site, I can probably get it for you.

This is not to say that the other fleece is not fine, for a hat. I wouldn't want a winter coat made out of it but most of the hats in my personal hat collection (which is more than 20 hats) is made of non-Polartec fleece. I bike and run with these hats on my head and they are great for keeping me warm. I don't put them in the dryer, so they last long and look great.

Let me know if I didn't answer your question. You have probably seen Polartec fleece made into coats you see at REI. They don't make many prints so I have to use other sources for printed fabrics.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the detailed and helpful reply. And yes, you answered my question. Good luck to you in your business. You clearly have a nice product here, and you have a flair for marketing and customer service.

-- John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Death before DNF

unoriginal triathlete

MDOT is for yuppies

Et tu, Björn?
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THANK YOU for saying I have a flair for something. That's actually a nice compliment and I'll take it!

I would really like some help with funny hats that the ladies would like. I added this to my site today, but would like something funny or hard core, and not so cute.

Keep the good ideas coming!
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sexy Legs

Pink is for KickAss

Iron Superwoman

I Beat Boys
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GIRLS TRI HARDER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Low Carb This

nice hats, btw

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dropped my boyfriend

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll throw my hat in here (ha ha pun intended):
- Food Slut (I'd order about 5 of these asap)
- Will Tri for Beer or Swim Bike Run Beer (with "beer" on the back) (ok perhaps that's too much info on me)
- Is that a Gel (or other tri item) in your Pocket? (with "or are you just happy to see me?" on the back in small font)
- I'm Following You
- TriMommy/TriMom (kinda like Soccer Mom)

I like most of the ones you already have, and some of the ST monikers are the funniest ones...

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I Dropped My Boyfriend" is totally hilarious! That's on the top of my to-do list along with "Tour de Pants"

Still need more ideas for the ladies!
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK AndyPants, I'm kind of chicken to do anything with Slut or Fat in the title, but I like your screen name, so I'm going to trust you on this.

What color/print for the Food Slut hat, here are some choices: http://www.moonlighters-market.com/...e=index&cPath=76

If you decide to order some Food Slut hats, I'll cut you a deal (and yours will be free). I also like Swim Bike Run Beer. Thanks for the good ideas!

I've got some matching Tri Babe and Tri Baby hats, I need to get those on my site too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then why not make an "The Cult of AndyPants" hat ;-)

Just kidding.

As for "FoodSlut", I think I'd gow ith a grey or charcoal one. Many men are foodsluts too, otherwise I'd say pink or ivory.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent you an email. I think you need to make one for SAC to match his hottie socks.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife wants a Foodsluts (TM) hat.

Quote | Reply
for the ladies

NOT a RacerChaser

for the boys that love them

RacerChaser

Just a thought

-

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
front: the weaker sex
back: as if
back: we let them think so
back: rules and you know it

front: if you can read this
back: you just got passed
back: you're probably drafting

front: tri-a-hottie
back: enjoying the view?
back: don't you wish
back: no you're not dreaming
back: it's been 15seconds you're drafting now

front: all of this
back: and I do triathlons too

man..I was on a bit of a roll here..got me on a good night
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I do my best thinking on long runs...

MULTISPORT PERSONALITY DISORDER

WIND TUNNEL VISION

LACTATE THRESHOLD TOLERANT

3-SPORT TRAPEZE ARTIST w/ "Don't Look Down!" on the back

And for those X Chromosomes,

EURO TRASH TRI GIRL

VENUS TRI RACER

MUY BONITA Y FAST

And lastly, my band's name (made up of three triathlete/runner/cyclists)

GRAVITY TATTOO

(another term for road rash)

I'm out!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri geek hat business: ideas for ladies needed! [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDork!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"drafting, IT sUcks"

(lower case letters in black, upper case letters in red)

I stole that one from Peter Reid at a 1/2 IM in Canada years ago. He had it on the back of his shirt, scrawled in magic marker.

I've done it up on a banner that I show at IMNZ each year.

I still love it. It would look great on a hat.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trailbait...you have the cutest stuff!

Visors, visors, visors! I have long hair so skull caps never work for me but I love visors. What about fleece ear bands? I would buy a bunch with different sayings.

Could you do something like "Triathletes don't wear Makeup" or "Low Maintence"? The last thing I want to do after a long run or bike is put on make up. :)

Sorry if someone already suggested the visors or ear bands. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Ideas for tri geek business: ideas for the ladies needed [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep those were some good ones, glad you were distracted while running. I went riding after work and I got nothing except sweaty.

Anyway, I like Mutisport Personality Disorder and Gravity Tattoo is pretty good too.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri geek hat business: ideas for ladies needed! [Tri1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make headbands but I haven't put them on my web site yet. What's your favorite color and I'll work on one for you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? Sweet! How about green or black? Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next