Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri bike vs. TT bike
Quote | Reply
What do you all think are the differences between a bike designed for Triathlons vs. one specifically for Time trials? I see that the seat tube angle is steeper...
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike vs. TT bike [javabean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is no difference at all

one day soon the difference may be that tri bikes are more aerodynamic, or better allow for storage of food, water, and flat kits, because the UCI rules have become too restrictive.

In Reply To:
What do you all think are the differences between a bike designed for Triathlons vs. one specifically for Time trials? I see that the seat tube angle is steeper...

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike vs. TT bike [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack, are you sure there's no difference at all? haven't UCI regulations already resulted in some watering down of what the market has produced for triathletes?
Consider beam bikes, aerobars, disc covers and perhaps even seat tube angles (due to the 5cm rule).
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike vs. TT bike [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there could be but not much is on the market that I would call "a triathlon bike"

Like, the Titanflex, is very much a triathlon bike since it is not UCI legal, as is the Cat Cheetah. While these are neat bikes they aren't, yet, better than the UCI legal bikes really.

and I guess Cervelos with stock seatposts may become "time trial bikes"

=)

But certainly when you set up your bike for triathlons, you would do things differently, since you have more freedom with aero bar settings and seat settings.

In Reply To:
Jack, are you sure there's no difference at all? haven't UCI regulations already resulted in some watering down of what the market has produced for triathletes?
Consider beam bikes, aerobars, disc covers and perhaps even seat tube angles (due to the 5cm rule).

Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike vs. TT bike [javabean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I come from a road racing background and I had a TT bike for six years. Then one day I mounted bottle cages behind the seat, and it became a tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike vs. TT bike [yakattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Also, when you start taping "nutrition" to the frame, it becomes a tri bike.

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike vs. TT bike [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Exactly. Also, when you start taping "nutrition" to the frame, it becomes a tri bike.

and if you tape a lot it becomes a TNT bike

Quote Reply